Gayle Benson: "I don't think any of us know" on Sean Payton's future (1 Viewer)

I think people are seriously overreacting here. If (and that's a big if) Payton leaves, the Saints easily become the best coaching spot available. Bar none.

A top 10 defense and an offense that's a TE/WR #2 away from being elite (or close to it)? HC candidates are hoping that Payton takes a year off/retires. This would be a prime job for any coach.

By far his best coaching job imo.
I totally agree with you, and I don't think we're alone.

I think if you ask CSP a few years down the line about it, he'll say the same thing.

It's too close right now and he's most likely nuked.

The Head Coach of an NFL team is already a very stressful job. Throw on two years of a pandemic, a hurricane, and a record number of starters in a season, yeah, I can see where he's feeling it.

I'll add to it, if he's burned out, then that's a sign that he's still putting his heart and soul into coaching and he gave it everything he had this season. He may have had more to give in other seasons, but I'll take his everything from this season just as much.

I totally agree with you, and I don't think we're alone.

I think if you ask CSP a few years down the line about it, he'll say the same thing.

It's too close right now and he's most likely nuked.

The Head Coach of an NFL team is already a very stressful job. Throw on two years of a pandemic, a hurricane, and a record number of starters in a season, yeah, I can see where he's feeling it.

I'll add to it, if he's burned out, then that's a sign that he's still putting his heart and soul into coaching and he gave it everything he had this season. He may have had more to give in other seasons, but I'll take his everything from this season just as much.
Great post, totally agree.

For Ms. Benson to respond at all says something is going on. It wouldn't shock me if he retired.
She answered the question. Did you expect her to say "no comment"? Whiich actually would have been worse. I really don't get what people expect her to say. :shrug:

For Ms. Benson to respond at all says something is going on. It wouldn't shock me if he retired.
In her defense, it wasn’t a press conference for the Saints. She was on other business and got asked the question.

In her defense, it wasn’t a press conference for the Saints. She was on other business and got asked the question.
Indeed. I think she was humoring the reporter as much as anything else.

I have a hunch if Payton were reading all the stuff posted here, he'd be laughing his arse off.

Indeed. I think she was humoring the reporter as much as anything else.

I have a hunch if Payton were reading all the stuff posted here, he'd be laughing his arse off.
Dave you really don’t think retirement might be on his mind? That all of the smoke, is just that?

Dave you really don’t think retirement might be on his mind? That all of the smoke, is just that?
I think he's debating it, like any coach would in a very tough 15th season. But I also think he's considering all options. It's really not all that newsworthy...until it is. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom