Gayle Benson to donate $5M to Jesuit (1 Viewer)

I went to Curtis and had family members go to Jesuit and Rummel. I respect her donations but Jesuit doesn’t need it as they have alum and money out the wazoo and public schools around the state can verily afford football uniforms and would’ve meant a million times more to those kids.

Not going to lie, this one felt a little weird to me too. It is their money and they can do what they want with it though, ultimately.

Wow. Wonder what would be the qualifications for a north LA school to get that kinda gift (Minden HS in particular). Poorer schools up this way. Guess they'll just have to expand their fish plate sales n gift basket raffles into TX n AR

She could start a school with her caliber of coin, though most parochial schools aren't blessed with having ultra wealthy benefactors.

I recall my son telling me about St Aug's new president being selected because he had a background of being a prolific fundraiser during his collegiate stint.

St Aug has struggled financially for years and years. They were about to cut grades6-7,IIRC...

Last edited:
That is great.

I am sure it is to help underprivileged kids go to school to there.?

While a bunch are, I went there and i was far from being rich.
Don’t lie. Your typing this from you diamond encrusted 24 carrot gold phone, as you relax under your chinchilla blanket, on your day bed, that sits on the deck of your Paul Allen style yacht that is cruising the Mediterranean.

We poor people don’t need your damn pitty.

Don’t lie. Your typing this from you diamond encrusted 24 carrot gold phone, as you relax under your chinchilla blanket, on your day bed, that sits on the deck of your Paul Allen style yacht that is cruising the Mediterranean.

We poor people don’t need your damn pitty.

Attachments

• 9AFA4A04-595E-4764-AF8C-122FC951E5CA.gif
    9AFA4A04-595E-4764-AF8C-122FC951E5CA.gif
    387.4 KB · Views: 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom