GB vs Yucks 10/18 (1 Viewer)

Broad St. Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
So unless I've done the math wrong, if the Buccaneers lose to the Packers this Sunday, then the Panthers at Saints, Bridgewater at Brees, matchup on 10/25 is for first place in the NFC South.

(Saints win would put them at 4-2, the Panthers and Bucs would be no better than 4-3. Saints would be #1 overall, and also #1 in the loss column.)

So does that mean we pull for A-Aron and company, even though that just puts them that much closer to a higher seed than the Saints. Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know. I think we got to pull for the Bucs to give the Packers an L. Even if Bucs win we still have the head to head win..for now.

So unless I've done the math wrong, if the Buccaneers lose to the Packers this Sunday, then the Panthers at Saints, Bridgewater at Brees, matchup on 10/25 is for first place in the NFC South.

(Saints win would put them at 4-2, the Panthers and Bucs would be no better than 4-3. Saints would be #1 overall, and also #1 in the loss column.)

So does that mean we pull for A-Aron and company, even though that just puts them that much closer to a higher seed than the Saints. Inquiring minds want to know.

I always look at it this way ...

Root for the outcome that benefits winning the division because that is the direct path to the postseason.

It’s a win - win, there will be a good way to spin the outcome regardless. There will also be a bad way to spin the outcome regardless.

Bucs winning is a lose-lose. We’re three games behind the Packers and the refs, we’re not catching them.

Now way anyone should root for a divisional rival

this year there is only one byeweek. With team being unbeaten in the NFC we wont win that battle.

so all that counts is being the division champs and get a safe playoff spot.

You don't worry about playoff seeding until you secure the division. I can't believe there were same fans on here last week wanting the Panthers to beat the Falcons. Because they did win the Saints are in a 3 way tie instead of just tied with the Bucs.

We need the KWTPF threads to return.

With a loss to the Packers already on the books, the Saints chances of the ONE Bye week are slim. Saints need to win the NFC South. They need the Bucs to lose. That is a very easy decision. If this was later in the year and Saints were in very good shape for the lone BYE, then maybe it makes sense for hoping for a Bucs win, but WAY too early for that. Win the South, get a home game, hope the seeding works out that somebody else has to go to Green Bay or Seattle and those teams lose before you have to go and play there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom