GBN 2 round draft (2 Viewers)

Malcolm stayed, Mike was a senior (or the other way around?)

either way, the better player (based on what I've read, haven't seen either play) stayed in college

Mike Jenkins is the best corner in the draft, but if Kenny Phillips is there, he is way more talented than Jenkins.

I think McKelvin is the best corner in the draft.

If we were to take the BPA, Kenny Phillips would go over any cornerback in the draft.
Totally agree on this.

And, there is 0% chance the Saints will draft a an offensive player in the 1st round this year.
This is the Saints! Never underestimate this FO!

:plus-un2:
In a way, if Gholston falls, I want our front office to treat that situation like we did when Reggie fell.

Realise that he is far too much of a talent to pass up, and make the neccesary adjustments to accomodate him to our team.

In this case I believe that adjustment is move Charles Grant inside. If that happened then we'd be solving 2 major needs by getting a fast, strong and fit outside rusher who is a machine at getting to the QB, and also we are getting a strong, experienced DT who can stuff the run and the pass a lot better than what we have in there right now.

Gholston falling is really a win win situation. Just take him.
Smith Thomas Grant Gholston is a fine starting defensive line, and then you can mix it up and rotate Cooper, Wynn, Lake, whoever we resign, and anyone we draft or pick up.

We could start the new season with 7 or 8 great players in and out on the line.
Fatigue was a factor late in games IMO for us, because we rely too much on certain players to pick up on others mistakes. If we had that kind of rotation going, that doesn't become a problem, and in Gholston I think you have probably the most athletic defensive lineman you are ever going to find.

I agree. 3 good DE's didn't hurt the Giants this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom