• Iron Man

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's been a long time since we've had one of these.

This week's question, and you can answer it however you'd like, better character, better hero, better comic or head to head battle.

Batman vs. Iron Man?

Bruce Wayne vs. Tony Stark?

Two genius, crime fighting, inventing billionaires

I know that Iron Man has all the built in weaponry and tech. But Batman is no slouch.

And to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park, "Batman finds a way"

If you've been following these geek questions you know that Batman is far and away my favorite superhero. I don't go against him and I'm not going to here.

In a first encounter I do think that Iron Man comes on top because of all the advantages that IMs armor brings.

However, after Batman has a chance to analyze and prepare he finds a way to take out Iron Man out.

Yeah, it's gotta be ironman
Weapons are more lethal and Tony is more of a loose cannon
Hand2hand obviously batman, but ironman would never have to get that close
Basically the only way batman wins is if he somehow infects Jarvis with some bug/virus

As someone that has never picked up a comic book in his life and only know what he knows about each character through the movies, I'm picking Batman. Anonymity can not be overstated. Batman gets to be Bruce Wayne when he wants.

The comics: For me, especially in the last 15 years or so, Batman.

The Movies: obviously Batman has the quantity, but IMHO also the quality. The first 2 and last three are darn good. I pretend like the few in the middle never happened. Iron Man 2 was bad enough to bring the trilogy down a bit.

Head to Head: Has to be Iron Man. Yea yea yea, Batman beat Superman! But he is ALWAYS prepared for JLA members to go Rogue. He's very rarely prepared to/fighting guys in super advanced military tech with nearly equal minds. Not to mention the ability for Iron Man to simply leave in a hurry, which Bats can't really do.

If they were to battle then we'd be assume that they were in the same universe. If they are in the same universe then Batman has already studied his weaknesses and already has a weapon designed for him.

Batman hits Ironman with an EMP-arang, his armor just peals off and Batman subdues him.

If it were a surprise battle from alternate universes then Ironman wins without question.

Seriously, they're the two most likable to me simply because money is their only real superpower (I know IM has the arc reactor/nanobots, but he has that because of his money too).

It's too bad the real world wealthy don't do **** like they do. I'd love to see Warren Buffett using a grappling hook or diving off a skyscraper in a flight suit, or see gates walking around in a giant exoskeleton.

I'm a Marvel guy, but for me, the answer to this one is Batman without question. Even if it were a surprise fight, Batman would dodge a couple repulsor blasts before figuring out a way to dismantle and/or disable the armor, and it probably wouldn't be that big a deal for him. It's obvious that it's mechanical in nature. It wouldn't take long to ascertain that some kind of EMP would do the trick, or perhaps remotely hacking the suit's operating system. His stealth-based nature, combined with his considerable fighting skills (which Stark does not possess) would give him time to figure out a way to get Stark out of the suit, at which point it's no contest.

Batman would just wait for Stark to take off the suit...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

To up the geek level, I must ask which Iron Man? The original belligerent alchoholic Tony Stark who invented the suit largely because he couldn't walk, or the new, happier full use of his body one?

To up the geek level, I must ask which Iron Man? The original belligerent alchoholic Tony Stark who invented the suit largely because he couldn't walk, or the new, happier full use of his body one?

Either would fall to a wheelchair-bound post-Bane Bruce Wayne. Stark's only hope would be if Adam West showed up in the cowl.

75% for Batman. Good to see. I thought that it might be closer than that but no complaints from me.

While Batman shares so much in common with Captain America, he likely shares even more similar traits with Tony Stark.

Stark is essentially Bruce Wayne with the ego turned up to 11 and a greater appetite for advanced technology. Iron Man obviously has a tech advantage over Batman in terms of Shell-head's vast array of suits and the accompanying gadgets that each outfit brings with it, but Stark isn't facing some everyday villain were he to come up against with the Dark Knight.

With Bruce Wayne, you have a character whose greatest attribute is his mind and his ability to carve up the absolute perfect, tailored strategy to take down any foe - from all-powerful god, to mutated monster, to deranged criminal mastermind, to those with a vast array of swanky tech at their disposal.

The question of who has the greater mind between these two is likely too close to call, but one way in which Batman clearly edges out over Iron Man is in his sheer strength and physicality. If the Caped Crusader can play to Stark's ego, making him irate by poking the bear, that would draw Iron Man in to where Bruce could get hold of his opponent and physically dominate him.

Of course, you also can't rule out the wonderful toys that Batman himself can bring to the table to neutralise Stark's suit, particularly if an EMP rifle was to hand. And without his suit, Iron Man is nowhere near as imposing a threat.

While Batman shares so much in common with Captain America, he likely shares even more similar traits with Tony Stark.

Stark is essentially Bruce Wayne with the ego turned up to 11 and a greater appetite for advanced technology. Iron Man obviously has a tech advantage over Batman in terms of Shell-head's vast array of suits and the accompanying gadgets that each outfit brings with it, but Stark isn't facing some everyday villain were he to come up against with the Dark Knight.

With Bruce Wayne, you have a character whose greatest attribute is his mind and his ability to carve up the absolute perfect, tailored strategy to take down any foe - from all-powerful god, to mutated monster, to deranged criminal mastermind, to those with a vast array of swanky tech at their disposal.

The question of who has the greater mind between these two is likely too close to call, but one way in which Batman clearly edges out over Iron Man is in his sheer strength and physicality. If the Caped Crusader can play to Stark's ego, making him irate by poking the bear, that would draw Iron Man in to where Bruce could get hold of his opponent and physically dominate him.

Of course, you also can't rule out the wonderful toys that Batman himself can bring to the table to neutralise Stark's suit, particularly if an EMP rifle was to hand. And without his suit, Iron Man is nowhere near as imposing a threat.

How is Batman like captain America?

How is Batman like captain America?

this is their reasoning
===============
When looking at the mainstays on the respective rosters of Marvel Comics and DC Comics, the two most impressive strategists who jump off the proverbial and literal page are likely Captain America and Batman.

If given notice, the World's Greatest Detective and the Sentinel of Liberty are capable of mapping out a plan to take down any threat, exploiting even the most minute of vulnerabilities in order to benefit themselves and their teams.

The pair's minds may be alike, but Cap has the added advantage of the enhanced abilities bestowed upon him by the Super Soldier Serum. Where Batman has an edge, though, is in basic physical combat.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom