Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Best or Favorite 1980s teen movie?

I didn't become a teenager until 1989 so I was a little young for a lot of these when they were released. Watching it wasn't "this is my life, this is my world" it was more fantasizing that this is what my world was going to be.

Quite a few of them I didn't see until my 20s and by that time was a little too old for them.

There's even a couple that I somehow still have never seen (a little embarrassed to admit which ones)

They are all very much of their time and I get a bit nostalgic whenever I see them

Mine is easily Ferris Bueller. Loved it. For a number of years I had a ritual. At the end of the day on the last day of school I would watch Ferris Bueller. I must have done for a good 4-5 years, it just seemed to be the perfect movie to start off the summer.

While Ferris is my favorite, I would have to say that Breakfast Club is the best. I just watched it again recently. Holds up extremely well. It's still very 80s but also very timeless too. (Bender was a complete *** to all of them in general and to Claire in particular. Why in the world would Claire want to be with him at the end of the movie?)

Honorable mention for Lucas. I loved this movie as a kid I must have seen it dozens of times.

(Does Back to the Future count as a teen movie?)

If you vote other, give us your pick and why

Easily Back to the Future. Back then, the Delorean looked bad ***. Little did we know, it probably couldn't do a burnout OR go 88 miles per hour. :hihi:

Easily Back to the Future. Back then, the Delorean looked bad ***. Little did we know, it probably couldn't do a burnout OR go 88 miles per hour. :hihi:

I almost included Back To The Future.

If I did it would easily win my vote for favorite and best, but it doesn't feel like a "teen movie" to me, not in the same way the others are

I almost included Back To The Future.

If I did it would easily win my vote for favorite and best, but it doesn't feel like a "teen movie" to me, not in the same way the others are

It's not a teen movie in that it's not a John Hughes-style movie, but I think it's a teen movie when you look at the overall arcs of Marty and George McFly. I'd say Back to the Future is my favorite teen movie of the era.

OVERALL favorite movie of the 80's, though: Robocop.

It's not a teen movie in that it's not a John Hughes-style movie, but I think it's a teen movie when you look at the overall arcs of Marty and George McFly. I'd say Back to the Future is my favorite teen movie of the era.

OVERALL favorite movie of the 80's, though: Robocop.

It was totally a teen movie....Skateboarding to school, bullies, school dances.

Real Genius and The Lost Boys should be on that list. You can't have an 80's movie list without multiple Corey Hiam movies in it. :)

But I would probably go with Karate Kid or Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Those are the two I've probably seen the most along with Real Genius. I'll still watch them if I catch them on cable.

Fast Times slightly more than Ferris Bueller then Breakfast Club and mostly b/c Fast Times is sneakier with the way it offers insight to the teen condition - Hughes tends to be a little ham-fisted with that sort of thing

My top 5:

1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
2. Back to the Future
3. Lost Boys
4. Breakfast Club
5. Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Fast times
Ferris
License to drive (first time I fell in love with heather graham :p ) :covri:

honorable mention to last american virgin

Sixteen Candles. I know the entire movie. Plus I was 16 when it came out. And I'm a chick, it's more of a chick movie.

Fast Times and Heavy Metal.

phoebe-cates-i-love-you.jpg

and

images

What no Porky's? ;)....

It was a Teen movie. Since it was about high school kids getting their first piece...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom