Geek Question of the Week (1 Viewer)

Predator
Die Hard
Die Hard: With A Vengeance
Bloodsport
Rocky IV
Point Break (original) is my favorite action movie of all time. Gun fights, bank robberies, extreme sports. It has it all.

Pride and Prejudice.

There may be others I'd pick before this one, but to go with one that won't be named,
Desperado.
Over the top in the best possible way and as a bonus, Selma Hayek without clothes.

Does Pulp Fiction count as a “guy movie”?

I wouldn’t think so, at least not in the same way that the ones listed are but

Almost every guy I know loves pulp fiction and almost every woman I know hates it

Of Westerns there are but 2 Unforgiven and Tombstone

Of Gangster: Godfather, Goodfellas and A Bronx Tale

Just adrenaline: Gladiator, Man On Fire, Leon the Professional, Fight Club, True Romance kind of. There are many of this type. I will check the library later

I would allow you to argue.

I’m not changing the folder I have it though. That would leave one file in a folder which is just weird o_O
well, if you don't want to sub Josey Wales, you could put in high Plains Drifter (which is probably the character closest to William Munny)

Silverado is also a perfectly fine 'guy film western'

I think the only Eastwood western I caught of the old stuff was the one where he was called “preacher “. Not sure of the name.

When I was a kid I stayed with my great grandmother and she insisted that we watch Bananza everyday on a black and white Tv with what may have been a 10 inch screen. I’m just now putting this together but that is what I think of when I think western. I know it’s not but that is a bored child’s association. Silly 10 gallon hat and all

hilarious.

i was telling my brother a few days ago how when you see outakes or bloopers during the closing credits of a movie, usually it is because the test audiences had a negative reaction to part of it, or all, and this is the studio's way of trying to make you forget about the sheetfest you just watched. not sure if true, but that is how it feels to me.

predator is no exception, though more of silly footage to showcase each actor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom