Geez....Drew Brees is NOT dead. (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I keep hearing interviews and people talking about Drew like he's gone. Taysom on WWL last night talking about "when Drew WAS our QB....", This morning on 100.3 Roman Harper talking about "Someone else needs to be the leader that Drew WAS"
He is still on the team, will most likely still be on the sideline, can give input, lead the pregame chant, lead by example with how hard he rehabs.
This mindset scares me because if the team feels like he is coming back and coming back strong they will be motivated to do as good as possible to have them in the best position upon his return for a stretch run. But, if their mindset is one of a lost cause, obviously it would effect their motivation.

I keep hearing interviews and people talking about Drew like he's gone. Taysom on WWL last night talking about "when Drew WAS our QB....", This morning on 100.3 Roman Harper talking about "Someone else needs to be the leader that Drew WAS"
He is still on the team, will most likely still be on the sideline, can give input, lead the pregame chant, lead by example with how hard he rehabs.
This mindset scares me because if the team feels like he is coming back and coming back strong they will be motivated to do as good as possible to have them in the best position upon his return for a stretch run. But, if their mindset is one of a lost cause, obviously it would effect their motivation.

Really good stuff. Thx so much and so true imho. The coaches darn well know this also. That's why I wonder, and I don't know, but just wonder if the coaches would even tell the players if Drew was really gone for the season. I think that would completely deflate the team and we know what it would do to us fans. But if anybody can pull off this recovery and still lead a team to the playoffs it's Drew Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom