General Petraeus: No Military Solution (1 Viewer)

Definitely cherry picking. The title of the thread should have been something like "Petraeus: Political solution key to ending violence & Military force alone will not be sufficient."

That's the beauty of the Internet. We can all be our own editors...

I don't see it as "cherry picking." The statement was clear. I didn't have to fish around for 10 different links to support an assertion.

We just have different interpretations of what is significant and noteworthy in that story.

This will always be the case: this is politics.

I was simply pointing out that various news sources (and EE Board posters) provide us with different perspectives based on what they think we should hear.

Well, you can either slavishly repeat the headline as you found it, change it to reflect your own interests or change it depending on what you think your audience needs to know/should hear.

Perhaps if we pick one, we can get past "duelling headlines" and into the discussion quicker.

Unless I'm missing something though, our troops already won. I've said this before: they did their jobs and they were awesome. They kicked the heck out of an opposing military and did it quickly. I salute all of them!

Having said that, they are not losing in Iraq. It is not their job to be policemen in a civil war. They have already won.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom