Gentleman Jack > Crown Royal (1 Viewer)

I'd agree that Gentleman is > Crown.

For my money, if you're spending in the range of Gentleman or Crown, Maker's is the best deal.

But for my money, the best bourbon whiskey around is Blanton's.

I'm not much into Bourbon but most of the people I know drink Turkey, Crown, & Old Charter. I never see anyone here speak about Old Charter. Why is that? Out of the above mentioned it's by far the most popular. Of course we live North of I10:hihi:

I'm not much into Bourbon but most of the people I know drink Turkey, Crown, & Old Charter. I never see anyone here speak about Old Charter. Why is that? Out of the above mentioned it's by far the most popular. Of course we live North of I10:hihi:

LOL, 8 year old Charter is pretty harsh, but the 10 is good, and the 12 is smoother still.

I like 12 year old Old Charter a lot more than Jack Daniels or Jim Bean, but I tend to buy Makers Mark most of the time.

Old Crow > K&B Bourbon

I was moving a bunch of wine and stuff around for my dad a couple of months ago, and what did I run across? two cases of

schwegmann.jpg

He loves the stuff.

I've been on a kick with
weller12y.jpg

it's got a great caramel and vanilla flavor

I was moving a bunch of wine and stuff around for my dad a couple of months ago, and what did I run across? two cases of

schwegmann.jpg

He loves the stuff.

I've been on a kick with
weller12y.jpg

it's got a great caramel and vanilla flavor

:worthy: to Weller 12. I can't find the stuff, but I recently bought a bottling of the original 12 year old from Stitzel Weller, pre Buffalo Trace. It's awesome, or was awesome. I drank it way too fast. I do have a bottle of Weller 10 year old Centennial which is quite tasty.

LMAO yeah when I was in the Marines we thought Wild Turkey was "The good stuff" Anyhow Gentleman Jack is pretty good, I'm actually surprised that more people haven't discovered it yet.

Lately my drink of choice is Woodford Reserve on the rocks.
My tastes in bourbon started in high school when Jim Beam was the preferred choice, but in those days we could not be very choosy. From there my love of Jim Beam continued through college until I drank an entire half gallon one night and entirely TOO DRUNK! From there, I was done with the Jim Beam.

I actually laid off the bourbon for a while and drank beer or if I wanted something harder, scotch. When I would go out, I would usually drink beer or occasionally Wild Turkey. I flirted with the kickin' chicken for a while and it was good to me, but then I tried Elijha Craig and liked the more robust flavor.

I drank Elijha Craig a couple of years and then decided the aftertaste was bitter and dabbled with Maker's Mark before settling on Old Charter. I have been drinking Charter now for 8ish years as my "regular bourbon" or what I use when I want to just mix a casual drink.

I have tried a number of other bourbon's along the way and enjoyed most of them. Knob Creek is a full nice bourbon flavor and likely what I would drink instead of Charter if I could afford it. Woodford Reserve is by far the smoothest bourbon I have tried and I keep a bottle of it in my bar for when I want a smooth sipping whiskey. I also have a bottle of Booker's which is a tad more robust than the Knob Creek, but even smoother. It is probably my second favorite bourbon and what I sip if I want something with more bite than the Woodford.

PS Crown and Gentleman Jack are not bourbons; Crown is a Canadian blended whiskey while Gentleman Jack is a Tennessee sipping whiskey. Bourbons are made in Kentucky.

:worthy: to Weller 12. I can't find the stuff, but I recently bought a bottling of the original 12 year old from Stitzel Weller, pre Buffalo Trace. It's awesome, or was awesome. I drank it way too fast. I do have a bottle of Weller 10 year old Centennial which is quite tasty.

Brennan, I get it at Cork and Bottle here in BR. I know it'd be traitorous, but you could try the one there. when I was there picking up a bottle of it for our church retreat Friday, I saw that they had Van Winkle 20 year old and 23 year old for $110 and $230 respectively! While the 15 I got a few months ago was awesome, I don't think I could ever justify that.

Last edited:
I don't drink much, and for as long as I've been drinking it's always been Crown. Recently I've discovered 40 Creek. It's better tasting and costs a dollar or two more than Crown Royal. I like the almond/vanilla flavor it has, and it's really smooth going down.

>>Whiskey is whiskey is whiskey

:redx:

(Bourbon, Rye, Irish, Scotch, Sour Mash, Blended, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.)

TPS

Is there anything better than good weather, good company, Crown and Coke, and some female that is dressed to impress to converse with?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom