Gentlemen I hope you got your sleep last night (2 Viewers)

the few times i have taken that stuff, i felt worse the next day.....like i didn't sleep enough

Yeah you can only take it if you have at least 9 hours to spare from when you take it

I have the same problem so I've been taking tylenol pm before bedtime. I've been sleeping like a champ the past few days.

We're all different so I am in no position to tell you what's best for you, but I can't take a med (over or under the counter :mwink: ) unless it's severe. To me, one simple "cure" (as I use that term veery liberally) is to do some strenuous work wether that be physical or mental. Both can put you down good. Not only that, but you get a better sleep.

I guess I am trying to say that you shouldn't get used to that habit because your body will need it after a while and you may be putting yourself in a bad position. Just a little tip from your Uncle Earl.

{mod edit - refers to a deleted post}

And +1 to the exercise advice. 20 minutes of cardio plus 30 or so of weights will put you out like a light.

With your weight and high BP I am willing to bet that you have sleep apnea. Go see a ENT and have them prescribe a CPAP device. It is a pain to wear but it has helped me emensely.

Isn't it normal to be awake for 12 hours straight every day? How much sleep do you expect to get? Anyway, beer and xanax always works for me but not sure how that would work with your other meds.

Exactly my point. Well, minus the xanax.

To the original post, I'd recommend some strenuous exercise, especially when you get mad and aggravated. Go run a mile or beat up someone you don't like. Also, you probably shouldn't stay up all night if you want to go to sleep. I'm no doctor or anything, but I find I sleep better at night when I wake up earlier in the day.

TPS

the few times i have taken that stuff, i felt worse the next day.....like i didn't sleep enough

I felt like that the first day cause I took it too late. I found if I take it before 7pm I feel well rested when I wake up at 6am. Guess medicines affect people different. I took Nyquil a few times and everytime I did, I was bouncing off the walls. No, I didn't drink the entire bottle. :)

I slept okay. My youngest son woke up a couple times. And I woke one time to go pee.

But why is this thread aimed at "gentlemen" only? I hope you ladies got your sleep last night too. colonninecolon.

Isn't it normal to be awake for 12 hours straight every day? How much sleep do you expect to get? Anyway, beer and xanax always works for me but not sure how that would work with your other meds.

I read it as he had been trying for the last 12 hours to get to sleep, unsuccessfully...:dunno:

Melatonin may be something to try...my husband swears by it when he has to travel between time zones a lot, and his sleep schedule is thrown off.

But why is this thread aimed at "gentlemen" only? I hope you ladies got your sleep last night too. .
I did fine until my 5 year old decided she wanted pop-tarts at 5:45am...:angryrazz: ...thanks for asking! :hihi:

SR.com's new slogan

"Read this thread for instant Zzzzzzzz"

To the original post, I'd recommend some strenuous exercise, especially when you get mad and aggravated. Go run a mile or beat up someone you don't like. Also, you probably shouldn't stay up all night if you want to go to sleep. I'm no doctor or anything, but I find I sleep better at night when I wake up earlier in the day.

TPS

I'd be careful with the strenuous exercise. Without knowing much of the details of your physical condition at ~270 lbs that could pose some serious problems, best to work up to it and get more strenuous as you go. You know the Jared from Subway routine. But I'd also look to cut out caffine. Finally try and give yourself at least an hour or so after some heavy thinking to give your brain time to rest. Otherwise it might keep you up still thinking about whatever you were just working on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom