Gentlemen I hope you got your sleep last night (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
because as of 7:18 AM today I have not been able to get any sleep at all for about 12 hours almost. My body feels tired, my eyes are about half shut, and to top it all off, I have a class in less then 2 hours.
I say all this because for the longest time I think I have suffered from insomnia or general lack of sleep either because of nerves or restlessness. Even in high school I suffered with it,their were days I went to class so dead tired I could not remember what the class that day went on.
It was that bad and I'm still amazed that its still here after almost 10 long years.

I have to get some sleep when I really need it, my class schedule is a bit erratic and can be a bit scattered from time to time, but I do the best I can when I can do it. I will always be amazed by people who stay up days ahead of time and it does not bother them or affect them psycholgically or physically.

I just need some suggestions from anybody who suffers from insomnia or restlessness, even a mild case of it. this is the second time this has happened in the past week and it becoming a bit of a nuisance to me

You woke up at 7 pm last night and you're surprised you couldn't go back to sleep at a normal time last night?

P.S. if you take away 8 hours for sleep, a normal day should last 16 hours...therefore being awake for 12 hours isn't a big deal.

P.P.S. I slept beautifully last night...thanks for asking.

Lurk,I weigh about 270-80 pounds and plus I take some strong medications, that in itself will make it difficult for some like me to get to sleep. If you add hypertension into the mix, take it from their, hell sometimes its a wonder I do get to sleep when I can

Not to be nitpicking anybody, but not every human body is made the same.

Try some strenuous exercise or some other activity. That usually helps me.

Does this have anything to do with the meds?

Mikey has it right. Exercise and eat right. I've done both since the new year and never slept better.

Yes it does, unfortunetly. I take some medications that are very high powered and in the case of Abilify, can make you restless and drowsy at some times. I have hypertension like I mentioned to Lurk so that makes it hard for me to sleep some times.

I would also like to point out that I am a very hyped up person, get up and go type of personality if you like. that may be a factor in why I cant get to sleep sometimes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/taFQUb8wUB4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/taFQUb8wUB4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is a victim thread. They pop up on here from time to time, sometimes by you, sometimes by others.

All Saints fans are victims.

baghead.jpg

I have the same problem so I've been taking tylenol pm before bedtime. I've been sleeping like a champ the past few days.

I have the same problem so I've been taking tylenol pm before bedtime. I've been sleeping like a champ the past few days.

the few times i have taken that stuff, i felt worse the next day.....like i didn't sleep enough

because as of 7:18 AM today I have not been able to get any sleep at all for about 12 hours almost. My body feels tired, my eyes are about half shut, and to top it all off, I have a class in less then 2 hours.
I say all this because for the longest time I think I have suffered from insomnia or general lack of sleep either because of nerves or restlessness. Even in high school I suffered with it,their were days I went to class so dead tired I could not remember what the class that day went on.
It was that bad and I'm still amazed that its still here after almost 10 long years.

I have to get some sleep when I really need it, my class schedule is a bit erratic and can be a bit scattered from time to time, but I do the best I can when I can do it. I will always be amazed by people who stay up days ahead of time and it does not bother them or affect them psycholgically or physically.

I just need some suggestions from anybody who suffers from insomnia or restlessness, even a mild case of it. this is the second time this has happened in the past week and it becoming a bit of a nuisance to me

Isn't it normal to be awake for 12 hours straight every day? How much sleep do you expect to get? Anyway, beer and xanax always works for me but not sure how that would work with your other meds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom