Geoff Schwartz (guard) released by Detroit... (1 Viewer)

This has to be the exact scenario that the FO was hoping for.

Armstead, Schwartz, Unger, Peat, Strief or
Armstead, Turner (or whomever), Unger, Schwartz, Peat

Either one of those options leaves only one spot that needs help.

Are you thinking RT? Because I am not sure we would need help at another spot.

babyjesus.jpg

Are you thinking RT? Because I am not sure we would need help at another spot.

In regards to my post, I was thinking that the LG spot would need the most help with the first option and the RT spot would need the most help in the 2nd scenario.

I genuinely believe that Peat will be a very good Olineman by the end of this year, providing he gets to spend the entire year at one spot. Strief, as much as I love the guy, is not the player he once was. He is going to need help with chip blocks and slide protections if he is a starter this year. And please don't let the opposing defenses just move their best pass rusher over to his side where there is nothing that Armstead can do about it.

Yes please. Makes more sense to have peat on left side anyway. He played left tackle, don't throw him to the right side

Sad state of affairs around here when we are all watching the OL cuts just as much as the team is.
At this point, bringing literally anyone in will help us. This is the worst OL the saints have had in nearly 20 years.

Yet it's pretty much the exact same as last year. Oline will get it together. It won't be great, but it will be serviceable. It's not nearly as bad as we all think (unless Armstead is unhealthy going into the season), just like it wasn't nearly as good as the PFF grade of last year which was like top 3 in the league.

Please God. Please. He can't be any worse than what we have. Lions just have young up and coming guys in Dahl and Tomlinson. We have young [MOD EDIT] guys in Peat and Lelito. Please Mickey. Please Sean.

Why is he being released? Anybody know?

They have several young guys at the position, and they just traded Jeremy Kerley to San Francisco for a guard.

Larry Warford and Laken Tomlinson are expected to start at guard this year, the team drafted backup Joe Dahl and two other linemen in April, and on Sunday, the Lions traded extra receiver Jeremy Kerley to the San Francisco 49ers for guard Brandon Thomas.

Typically, teams keep nine linemen on their 53-man rosters, with two interior backups and two backups who can play tackle.

Dahl and center Graham Glasgow, a third-round pick out of Michigan are expected to be the Lions' top interior backups this year, though Dahl's ability to play tackle could allow the Lions to keep Thomas on their 53-man roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom