George Carlin's new HBO special (1 Viewer)

AsaPW

How's ya momma an dem?
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I caught the end of Carlins new special "It's bad for ya" on HBO the other night and it had me laughing until I couldn't breathe. An encore comes on in 10 minutes if anyone want to watch it. I hope the whole show is as funny as I thought the end was. Anyone already see it?

I can't believe he's 70 years old now.

I have it downloaded on my computer, but have yet to find time to watch it. I might do that tonight.

"Imagine your grandmother in Hell"........Baking pies without an oven. Goerge is still funny,but not nearly as funny as he used to be. That old Athiest schtic he's been doing for literally 40 somthing years. And to me it might be kinda scary to be an athiest when your 70,or anytime really,but thats a whole other thread.

I have an autographed personalized picture from Carlin. My GOD is Carlin and i pray to Joe Pesci.

I know some of you may disagree with me on this but I recently saw a Biography on Carlin and he said deep down in him he knows their may be a God out their somewhere but he has an authority problem that make him have this atheist shtick. He said he should be labeled an agnostic or maybe a believer in some fashion he just not like organized religion very much. Which you know I can see his point a bit better. I like Carlin many times more then Bill Maher because at least Carlin has some class, he knows what the hell he is talking about. Carlin was stationed in the military and he knows what they go through so it adds up for some credibility. To me Maher is a snob and obnoxious but he has no credibility on political issues. Carlin does, he knows what life is like in the armed forces and I can respect him for that, even though I may disagree with him. Plus he is a lot more mature as a comic then a lot of other people in his business.

I still laugh every time my kid watches Thomas the Train.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTVAD_-jjLk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

What's that you have a kids show you need narrated? Well have I got the ****** guy for you! **** yea lets get George ****in Carlin to do the ************ **** narration. **** yea that'll be ****** sweet for you little *****!

lol....my son loved thomas the train.....carlin owned that

I watched it and it struck me more as the ranting of an angry old man rather than the brilliant comic he once was. His observations are still spot on and he should be the chief advisor to any presidential candidate.

I watched it and it struck me more as the ranting of an angry old man rather than the brilliant comic he once was. His observations are still spot on and he should be the chief advisor to any presidential candidate.

He's not an old man he's an Old ****!

Yeah, after watcing the whole thing I didn't think it was all that funny. Something to pass the time though.

I know some of you may disagree with me on this but I recently saw a Biography on Carlin and he said deep down in him he knows their may be a God out their somewhere but he has an authority problem that make him have this atheist shtick. He said he should be labeled an agnostic or maybe a believer in some fashion he just not like organized religion very much. Which you know I can see his point a bit better. I like Carlin many times more then Bill Maher because at least Carlin has some class, he knows what the hell he is talking about. Carlin was stationed in the military and he knows what they go through so it adds up for some credibility. To me Maher is a snob and obnoxious but he has no credibility on political issues. Carlin does, he knows what life is like in the armed forces and I can respect him for that, even though I may disagree with him. Plus he is a lot more mature as a comic then a lot of other people in his business.

Carlin was about as much a military man as he was a member of YOUR 1984 Chicago Cubs.

I have always been a HUGE Carlin fan, but this new HABO special he did was just not as funny to me as some of ones he's done before. There was more ranting for rantings sake then there was comedy. Don't get me wrong, he still funnier than half the comics out there, but he seems to be losing his edge a bit. It's a shame too, because he is most certainly one of the all-time greats, and he's done it far longer than most will ever dream of doing it.

I saw him live just a couple of years ago. I was very dissapointed. He's one of my favorite stand ups ever and is one of the first I watched growing up. I'm 25, but HBO ran the hell out of his old stuff. He just didn't have the same ferver. He just seemed bitter and it took 10 minuites for a story to even get close to funny. I will remember him as one of the all time greats and honestly try to forget much of the one time I saw him live.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom