George W Bush: Top Ten EVER?!? (1 Viewer)

Get past Washington, Lincoln, Kennedy, Roosevelt (1, the other or both), Jefferson, Reagan, Clinton and most Americans can't name any other Presidents, except standing Presidents.

Get past Washington, Lincoln, Kennedy, Roosevelt (1, the other or both), Jefferson, Reagan, Clinton and most Americans can't name any other Presidents, except standing Presidents.

You are correct. No doubt he would be on the Top 10 Worst Presidents list as well, probably ranked even higher.

If you were to ask anyone with any actual knowledge of presidential history, W would no doubt not even sniff the Top 20 of "Best Presidents"

I'm sure he is undoubtedly the worst President to serve more than one term. Most of the supposed bad presidents have only served once and were kicked out.

I'm sure he is undoubtedly the worst President to serve more than one term.
It is too early to know if he is or not. It is a silly excercise to say how good or bad any president will be while they are still in office or even 5-10 years later.

It is too early to know if he is or not. It is a silly excercise to say how good or bad any president will be while they are still in office or even 5-10 years later.

Not in this case. Here, we can clearly tell the future and the present is pretty lame.

Bush has diminished our standing, status, stature and influence throughout the world. He has also done the Anti-Reagan thing in that he has made Americans less proud to be Americans. His cronyism has facilitated some of the worst domestic failures I can imagine - most notably the federal "response" to Katrina. How any man can look another in the eye and suggest we go buy Chinese TVs to help with the war effort is beyond me.

His appointees alone should qualify him as bottom third at best and anyone simultaneously applauded by Rush Limbaugh and that vampire tranny Coulter is the devil incarnate.

Presidents are elected by a popular vote, but their historical place isn't necessarily determined by that :)

Hey, I voted for Bush! Sorry but let the cat out of the bag!

I seriously doubt Bush will end up anywhere but the bottom 5. However, Clinton is not top ten either. Lincoln (Civil War), Washington (First president), Jefferson (obvious), Monroe (Monroe Doctrine), Teddy Roosevelt (Trustbusting, brought US into 20th century), Franklin Roosevelt (Great Depression, WWII), Truman (Post war leadership), Lyndon Johnson Great Society), Ford (Bringing the country together after Nixon and Vietnam), and Eisenhower (integrating armed services, interstate system, managing cold war).

The only ranking of President's I would pay heed to would be one from someone over 250 years old. Otherwise you just don't know...

The only ranking of President's I would pay heed to would be one from someone over 250 years old. Otherwise you just don't know...

The "just don't know for another 1,000,000 years" mantra is an astonishing thing that I never heard in my entire life until George Bush Jr. became president.

Curious how that is.

It used to be simply a matter of acknowleding that there were some policies we might not be able to evaluate immediately. But there is, and always has been a lot and maybe enough to allow a judgement in short time.

But I guess if this crap is true, we have to wait another 40 years to see how bad Reagan really sucked. And Roosevelt, too. Both of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom