Georgia DT Jalen Carter??? (1 Viewer)

Da Beast

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Apparently this guy had a terrible pro day today. In addition to the off the field stuff, what are the chances he slips into the back half of the first round?

If he gets within striking distance, it may be worth it to go get him. I saw the sky play and he is a monster. I’m sure the off the field issues have tempered everyone’s enthusiasm on him thus far.

I’d be surprised if he got out of th top half of round 1! Now if he drops way down to mid 20’s or do I’d be good with trying to move up.

You think he is going to slip from a top 3 player, to 29?

I guess technically we are back half of the 1st round, but 29?

He was 9 pounds heavier than the combine. Kind of expected if you factor in that he’s not been training and been concentrating on his legal stuff. He’s still a top 10 pick.

All things considered, even after today, it would still be surprising if he falls out of the top 10. Bears are apparently licking their chops. Almost a zero percent chance he falls to 29, probably not even to a reasonable trade up position.

You think he is going to slip from a top 3 player, to 29?

I guess technically we are back half of the 1st round, but 29?
IDK if it will happen in this case but La'el Collins went from round 1 to UDFA when all he did was speak to the police about a murder involving his ex (he wasn't ever a suspect). Carter was directly involved (racing) and then caught lying to police about two fatalities. You never know what happens and what teams appetites are when millions of dollars and legal distractions are involved.

I remember having this conversation about Myles Jack in 2015, or whatever the year was that he came out. Talent wise, there’s no way he should get to 29. If he gets to 29, we shouldn’t want him because it means we don’t know all there is to know negatively. Either way, Jalen Carter shouldn’t be drafted by the Saints.

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
Apparently this guy had a terrible pro day today. In addition to the off the field stuff, what are the chances he slips into the back half of the first round?

If he gets within striking distance, it may be worth it to go get him. I saw the sky play and he is a monster. I’m sure the off the field issues have tempered everyone’s enthusiasm on him thus far.
If he's available to trade up and get, you do it 10/10 times.

We have a great locker room and a guy like Cam who can mentor him. His talent is undeniable

Listening to NFL Radio yesterday the commentators where discussing Carter. I can't remember which show it was so I don't recall who it was. Either way, they said that the teams/GMs need to talk to him to see where his head is at. The last time he played football, he was involved with 2 fatalities and 1 of them a teammate. The tickets he received aren't that bad, but their concern was more about where he's at mentally with the whole situation.

IDK if it will happen in this case but La'el Collins went from round 1 to UDFA when all he did was speak to the police about a murder involving his ex (he wasn't ever a suspect). Carter was directly involved (racing) and then caught lying to police about two fatalities. You never know what happens and what teams appetites are when millions of dollars and legal distractions are involved.
Collins' agents also said he would sit out the year if drafted after the 3rd round...

Tunsil had the video of him with the gas mask come out 10 minutes before the draft and only fell to 13.

He has the talent to be dominant. It would be very disappointing if that didnt happen. You do worry that he has the maturity that can fast track him out of the league.

Reminds me of the line about if Hannibal Lecter ran a 4.3 they'd just say he had an eating disorder.....
Well yeah of course and the steady hands are reassuring. But every time he suits up and says he's out for blood 😬

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom