Georgia President steps up for a playoff... (1 Viewer)

Wonder if we'd hear from the crybabies if they were playing last night....... I'm guessing not....

If you read the article, you would see that Florida's president, last year, did have that integrity despite winning the title. :shrug:

TPS

So if they went to the "plus one" model, who would be playing in the Plus One Game this year?

Adams is a piece of (insert word). He gets booed at every UGA event when he is announced. If it werent so clear that some sort of playoff was needed, I would be against it since he thinks it is a good idea.

My 8 team playoff would move to the bowl game sites after four quarter-final games are played on campus the week following the conference title game weekends as opposed to starting at the bowl games.

So if they went to the "plus one" model, who would be playing in the Plus One Game this year?

LSU vs UGA, I guess....

So the third best SEC team gets to bypass their division winner [Tenn] and get a shot?? No thanks....

Adams is a piece of (insert word). He gets booed at every UGA event when he is announced. If it werent so clear that some sort of playoff was needed, I would be against it since he thinks it is a good idea.

My 8 team playoff would move to the bowl game sites after four quarter-final games are played on campus the week following the conference title game weekends as opposed to starting at the bowl games.

How would you choose who has home field advantage? I don't think you can put playoff games on campus like that, there is no real way to properly seed the teams. And don't claim based on rankings, because I already don't buy those as effective measuring sticks for diddly-poo[tm-Mora], especially not something as important as home field advantage in something that is designed to fix the ills ofthe current rankings based system.

How would you choose who has home field advantage? I don't think you can put playoff games on campus like that, there is no real way to properly seed the teams. And don't claim based on rankings, because I already don't buy those as effective measuring sticks for diddly-poo[tm-Mora], especially not something as important as home field advantage in something that is designed to fix the ills ofthe current rankings based system.

If you dont use polls to rank the playoff teams, how would you do it?:dunno:

Just another reason why I think playoffs will just be a bigger mess.

If you dont use polls to rank the playoff teams, how would you do it?:dunno:

Just another reason why I think playoffs will just be a bigger mess.

I was making an argument against having on campus games where a definite home field advantage kicks in. Use them to determine who gets into the playoffs fine, but don't put home field advantage on it.

I was making an argument against having on campus games where a definite home field advantage kicks in. Use them to determine who gets into the playoffs fine, but don't put home field advantage on it.

I understand that, but how would you rectify that issue then? You don't think there would be logistical issues for playing all playoff games at neutral sites? Not to mention the NCAA would take a huge hit as far as revenues go. Fans aren't going to want to zig zag cross country to follow their teams.

The plus 1 system is the only one that I think has a realistic shot at working. This playoff stuff just won't cut it. You can't just base a theoretical college football system for Division IA off of the NFL model. There are too many variables in college football.

I would put the first round on campus so fans dont have to travel three times to watch their team play through the playoffs. You will need some kind of seeing mechanism, at least if the 4 and 5 seed are complaining about being the home team, they are both still in it.

I understand that, but how would you rectify that issue then? You don't think there would be logistical issues for playing all playoff games at neutral sites? Not to mention the NCAA would take a huge hit as far as revenues go. Fans aren't going to want to zig zag cross country to follow their teams.

The plus 1 system is the only one that I think has a realistic shot at working. This playoff stuff just won't cut it. You can't just base a theoretical college football system for Division IA off of the NFL model. There are too many variables in college football.

March Madness essentially has fans travelling 3 times more or less.

While the travelling 3 times is hard, people manage to travel for every game during the regular season for many of these teams. As far as the revenues go, I'm not sure why you'd think they would take a hit. Any hit that would be taken could easily be recouped through sponsors because everyone will watch the playoff games where as not everyone watches every bowl, so more bang for the buck for the sponsors and TV contracts

Anything that doesn't address conference inequities (lack of championship games, smaller conference sizes, conferences that don't probably even belong in Division 1-A, etc.) is like a band-aid on a gun shot wound.

Of course, as far as what we have now, college football has already bled out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom