Get ready for a nail biter tonight... (1 Viewer)

I am so over these nail biters. Especially when we are on the losing end. I miss when we used to blow people out. Here is my prediction tonight:

Saints will have the game won. Falcons go for it on 4th down in the final minutes. Saints stop them. But wait...there's a flag for a bogus pass interference. Falcons get a new set of downs then drive down the field and score in the final seconds of the game to win.

We actually would be in 1st place with a win tonight. Us and Tampa's division record would be 1-0 which would bring us to the top, and we would own the tiebreaker over them for better conference record with us at 1-1 and them at 1-2.

I definitely think there is a lot of locker room talk of tiebreaker scenarios between the players this week.

This strikes me as a 'ready-to-turn-things-around' sort of game. It's been quite a while since we've been able to take care of business in one of these kinds of games, and not being able to do so will most likely send us spiraling in a bad direction.

With everything having gone our so far way this weekend (along with all the anniversary hype), if we can't get the victory tonight it's hard to imagine we will ever find the motivation this year to make a serious run at the post season.

Call it what you wish, but this will be a defining game either way for the 2016 season.

Saints have moved to -2.5 and are experiencing reverse line movement.

That usually signals the dog is the play. That's not to say we'll lose, but there is a high chance of this being a 1-2 point game.

I really, really hope I'm wrong but keeping the heart meds handy would be prudent.

Attachments

• 3d72f264b0cf2e7ad14d4eafd894c101fb52afd6e68f74af079d2ff93a495be3.jpg
    3d72f264b0cf2e7ad14d4eafd894c101fb52afd6e68f74af079d2ff93a495be3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 7
We are the better team. We should win this! Let us fans do our part and get the Dome rocking tonight . Make so loud it blows Matt Ryan's eardrums out.

Every saints game lately ends up a nail biter. I'll have a heart attack before I'm 30 because of this team

Reverse line movement is when a line moves toward a team despite that team having over 2/3's of the betting on them. It's basically a sign that Vegas is taking it's shot on a game and thinks they have the public where they want them. It's exactly what happened with the Packers in week 2 (check our betting thread, we all won on that one). Every week or so, you may see one game that carries this pattern.

It's betting, so nothing is full proof. The public win sometimes, vegas takes a bath sometimes. But usually, when you see reverse line movement, it signals to bet the dog. In this case, the Falcons +2.5.

None of this means we'll lose. It's just a sign (with a lot of historical precedent) that the Falcons have a very good shot at covering. Which means a 1-2 point win by the Saints is still possible, maybe even likely.

I realize any talk like this brings on a wave of red thumbs, but the info is there for people that want it to take it into account.

no way this isn't a blow out. You will never hear me say that usually. Tonight's game and the emotional ties it will have equals blow out. If as a team we can't get up for this game then there's no hope for our season. I just don't see any way possible this game isn't over by the 3rd quarter. If I'm a falcon fan I'm really ticked off that the nfl would schedule this game like this.

Reverse line movement is when a line moves toward a team despite that team having over 2/3's of the betting on them. It's basically a sign that Vegas is taking it's shot on a game and thinks they have the public where they want them. It's exactly what happened with the Packers in week 2 (check our betting thread, we all won on that one). Every week or so, you'll see one game that carries this pattern.

It's betting, so nothing is full proof. The public win sometimes, vegas takes a bath sometimes. But usually, when you see reverse line movement, it signals to bet the dog. In this case, the Falcons +2.5.

None of this means we'll lose. It's just a sign (with a lot of historical precedent) that the Falcons have a very good shot at covering. Which means a 1-2 point win by the Saints is still possible, maybe even likely.

I realize any talk like this brings on a wave of red thumbs, but the info is there for people that want it to take it into account.

If I have any concern tonight it is with our official tonight. Pete Morelli . You remember him from the Lions game last year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom