Get ready for the idiot's brigade to assess the Saints (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Not today, I expect it to start about 2:30 on tuesday afternoon and continue relentlessly until friday afternoon. At that time, college football will be given a short period of screen time. It will resume sunday morning.

The power rankings will be out and the saints and jets will move up a few spots. This will be the NFL game of the week, "Saints high powered offense vs. the dominating Jets D".

We'll hear countless times that Sanchez is the first rookie QB to start 3-0 and he's going to have a tough time improving to 4-0 in New Orleans against the "high octane" New Orleans offense.

So finally, the Saints will get the coverage that we've all been waiting for, just on the tails of the quote, "best team in football", end quote.

:firedevil:

Not today, I expect it to start about 2:30 on tuesday afternoon and continue relentlessly until friday afternoon. At that time, college football will be given a short period of screen time. It will resume sunday morning.

The power rankings will be out and the saints and jets will move up a few spots. This will be the NFL game of the week, "Saints high powered offense vs. the dominating Jets D".

We'll hear countless times that Sanchez is the first rookie QB to start 3-0 and he's going to have a tough time improving to 4-0 in New Orleans against the "high octane" New Orleans offense.

So finally, the Saints will get the coverage that we've all been waiting for, just on the tails of the quote, "best team in football", end quote.

:firedevil:

Last sentence in Don Banks' column, or words to that effect.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/09/27/snap.judgments/1.html

Yep. Just read that column. Said something to the effect of "It didn't feel good if you were a Saints fan, but they had a hang-in-there type of game." Of course, finished it off by mentioning the "glamour" matchup next week. Also, the "Rapid Response" blog over at ESPN was something like "The Bills offense, which had been so effective in the first two games, fell apart." Virtually no mention of the dominating defensive performance. No surprise. Expecting more J-E-T-S worship all week.

I don't expect them to say much at all! As I'm in Hawaii, I didn't get to see the game, so, I looked for the highlights on NFL and ESPN. THOSE worthless bastids had EVERYTHING on Favre, Brady, Sanchez, etc, but, it was an hour before they bothered to show me anything on the Saints game.

In fact, ESPN's coverage consisted of ONE play!!! I'm furious!

I'd be surprised. After what happened in Minnesota this afternoon, I expect the entire next week of NFL talk to be Favre-dominant. By the time next weekend rolls around, they will finally realize what a huge game was sitting right in front of them all week long.

I don't expect them to say much at all! As I'm in Hawaii, I didn't get to see the game, so, I looked for the highlights on NFL and ESPN. THOSE worthless bastids had EVERYTHING on Favre, Brady, Sanchez, etc, but, it was an hour before they bothered to show me anything on the Saints game.

In fact, ESPN's coverage consisted of ONE play!!! I'm furious!

Honestly, the game could be summed up with about 3 highlights; the Saints initial TD on the first drive, the Bills TD on the fake FG, and PT's 34 yard run. It was very ho-hum, not much excitement until about 5 minutes left in the game. Then the Bills just laid down after that.

You guys need to remember something, nearly all the pundets picked the Bills as the upset of the week. After eating crow last week, no one is going to talk about the saints, or the defense that shut out the bill o. No instead you get I boring TO interview.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom