Get Ready for the Next QB Named Manning (Update: Arch to Texas) (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Get ready for the next quarterback named Manning.

Arch Manning, grandson of Archie Manning, nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning, son of Cooper Manning, is still in eighth grade but played in a scrimmage Friday with the varsity team at Isidore Newman School, where his dad and both uncles also played their high school football.

The footage is impressive. Arch Manning looks like, well, a Manning. He has good accuracy, seems to command the offense well, and has mobility more reminiscent of his grandpa than his uncles.

Gotta say, i’m a little surprised i didnt already know about this kid.. i mean, i knew Cooper had kids a while back, but- boy time really flies if you’re not careful.

Something tells me we may me hearing a thing or two about Arch in the coming years.

Last edited:
Of the people that I've talked to that have seen him play, the hype is real. He does not play or throw like a typical 13 year old. He's able to make throws that most high school QB's cannot make and he moves very well. Something neither Eli or Peyton did well. He's not 6'1" though. I think he's less than 6'
I watched Eli in 9th grade and he was a man amongst boys but I'm fairly certain he wasn't starting for the Varsity.

Arch, just might be the starter. He's that good.

Last edited:
i saw him pay as a 6th grader (he was in the grade, i was a bit older) archie was in the bleachers
he wasn't world be you could already see there was something about him

Yeah- his name was Manning. :)

Of the people that I've talked to that have seen him play, the hype is real. He does not play or throw like a typical 13 year old. He's able to make throws that most high school QB's cannot make and he moves very well. Something neither Eli or Peyton did well. He's not 6'1" though. I think he's less than 6'
I watched Eli in 9th grade and he was a man amongst boys but I'm fairly certain he wasn't starting for the Varsity.

Arch, just might be the starter. He's that good.

I saw somewhere else he was listed at 5’11”.. but he’s only an 8th grader, so will probably sprout up quite a bit more.

In any case, i’m already preparing myself for the inevitability that, in the great tradition of Mannings before him- he will undoubtedly spurn LSU for another SEC school... he just wouldn’t be a true Manning if he didnt do that. :-(

oh wow he is 13? he looked like a high school qb except he threw more

He is mobile like Dad and Grandpa. Arm like both his uncles.
5'11" or 6'1" at 13. Who cares.
I did stop growing at 13 so you never know.

Gotta say, i’m a little surprised i didnt already know about this kid.. i mean, i knew Cooper had kids a while back, but- boy time really flies if you’re not careful.

Something tells me we may me hearing a thing or two about Arch in the coming years.

Knowing about Arch, from a current varsity player at Country Day, with excellent credentials himself, says Arch will be special. Watched Arch play multiple sports in his younger days at the playground level, he was way beyond his age in all sports. Go figure.

Yeah- his name was Manning. :)

I saw somewhere else he was listed at 5’11”.. but he’s only an 8th grader, so will probably sprout up quite a bit more.

In any case, i’m already preparing myself for the inevitability that, in the great tradition of Mannings before him- he will undoubtedly spurn LSU for another SEC school... he just wouldn’t be a true Manning if he didnt do that. :-(

He’ll end up being coached by Cutcliffe. The Mannings have a very close relationship and respect for Cutcliffe. Will not be surprised to see Arch at Duke.

Reports now saying that little Arch could be the most highly recruited player (not just qb) EVER to come out of Louisiana. That’s saying a lot!
Lots of college coaches hanging out over at Newman these days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom