Get Ready For The Saints/Rams Rematch Hype (1 Viewer)

Rams better close up their secondary holes or they're going to lose a lot more games down the stretch alone, let alone to what the Saints can do to them after Payton and Brees watches this game for any length of time. Mahomes was throwing to wide the hell open people all night long. I have no doubt we could put up 60-70 on the Rams in a shootout, since we put up 45 on them without even playing full downfield offense all game. The Rams cannot keep up with that. While the Saints secondary is pretty suspect, it'll do much better than the Rams did. It'll do well enough to hold them to under 40 (again). The Saints should have no problem putting up 40 on that Chiefs defense because they've put up 40 on better defenses.

That game was only exciting because of turnovers. Honestly, I got a little bored watching Mahomes playing catch like you'd see a father and son playing catch. Mahomes put up a few very nice passes, but there were a few where he's lucky they weren't picked off as well, the only reason they weren't is because the secondary was sooooo out of position to even make a play and his receivers are just really talented. Goff and the Rams were boring to watch too because it's not like he was throwing to receivers that were draped in coverage all day either.

Rams better close up their secondary holes or they're going to lose a lot more games down the stretch alone, let alone to what the Saints can do to them after Payton and Brees watches this game for any length of time. Mahomes was throwing to wide the hell open people all night long. I have no doubt we could put up 60-70 on the Rams in a shootout, since we put up 45 on them without even playing full downfield offense all game. The Rams cannot keep up with that. While the Saints secondary is pretty suspect, it'll do much better than the Rams did. It'll do well enough to hold them to under 40 (again). The Saints should have no problem putting up 40 on that Chiefs defense because they've put up 40 on better defenses.

That game was only exciting because of turnovers. Honestly, I got a little bored watching Mahomes playing catch like you'd see a father and son playing catch. Mahomes put up a few very nice passes, but there were a few where he's lucky they weren't picked off as well, the only reason they weren't is because the secondary was sooooo out of position to even make a play and his receivers are just really talented. Goff and the Rams were boring to watch too because it's not like he was throwing to receivers that were draped in coverage all day either.

I can see them finishing 15-1 or 14-2 due to playing such an easy schedule.

They just gave up 50+ points to one of the best offenses in the league.

I believe people are overrating Chicago right now, whom don't have an offense to really do damage like this. Trubisky has looked good against mostly garbage teams. He's really not that different of a QB from the previous Bears QBs when they were good (Cutler, Orton, Grossman) except he's more mobile.

The Rams REALLY remind me of the 2011 Packers. That Packers team went 15-1 thanks to Aaron Rodgers having the best year of his career and helping them win the games they should've lost. Their defense was dead last in the league and their passing defense was historically bad. GB did not improve on defense as the season progressed, they just kept regressing. It all ended in the first round for them.

I can see the same happening with the Rams. They are going to have to avoid a competent NFC offense if they don't want to be one and done.

I don't trust the Bears at all though. They're doing what Minnesota did last year and what GB used to do every year before that - feast on a bad division and then lose to the good teams.

I can see them finishing 15-1 or 14-2 due to playing such an easy schedule.

They just gave up 50+ points to one of the best offenses in the league.

I believe people are overrating Chicago right now, whom don't have an offense to really do damage like this. Trubisky has looked good against mostly garbage teams. He's really not that different of a QB from the previous Bears QBs when they were good (Cutler, Orton, Grossman) except he's more mobile.

The Rams REALLY remind me of the 2011 Packers. That Packers team went 15-1 thanks to Aaron Rodgers having the best year of his career and helping them win the games they should've lost. Their defense was dead last in the league and their passing defense was historically bad. GB did not improve on defense as the season progressed, they just kept regressing. It all ended in the first round for them.

I can see the same happening with the Rams. They are going to have to avoid a competent NFC offense if they don't want to be one and done.

I don't trust the Bears at all though. They're doing what Minnesota did last year and what GB used to do every year before that - feast on a bad division and then lose to the good teams.
I still think Chicago wins. I think they win in the regular season and knock them off in the playoffs in the second round. Don't look now, but Chicago is scoring nearly 30 points a game. They're mediocre at putting up yards, but they're winning TOP and are currently +13 in TOs.

I see your point here and I usually agree but there are some circumstances to consider;

The Rams defense is not improving. We're approaching the late part of the season and they have yet to improve. The opposite is happening, as they are regressing. They showed serious signs of concerns earlier in the season and there were a handful of games that prior to last night, raised concerns. The first one being the Seahawks game they nearly lost, then the Saints game where we just torched their defense. The third was the rematch with Seattle but last night was when the floor fell out from their feet.

We've seen this before with juggernaut offensive based teams whom had a mediocre defense that didn't improve as the season went on.

The 2011 Packers led the league in turnovers for most of the year and their defense ranked in the bottom 3 all year. People thought they'd be OK cause despite giving up gobs of yards and points routinely week in and week out, they still got tons of INTs and fumbles. But come playoff time, when they stopped getting turnovers, they couldn't rely on anything.

I see the same thing happening to the Rams. When they don't create turnovers, their defense can't do nothing to save themselves. Come playoff time, they're in for a rough ride.

Their defense is actually decent enough if their secondary is healthy. They've lost a couple of key players, including their best corner. Their defensive line is stout and gets a lot of pressure on the QB. The Rams and Chiefs will be tough outs. I'm confident Drew and Co can beat both in the playoffs, but they will have to play really well to win in the playoffs and SB. The Rams got 5 turnovers and scored a td. I get that both teams reached 50+, but both defenses scored and were a factor in the 4th quarter.

I wouldn't say the Rams defense is regressing as much as they're dealing with injuries and playing some very potent offenses in the last 3-4 weeks. That said, they'll have to step it up a notch or 2 to beat the Bears or Vikings in the playoffs.

I wouldn't say the Rams defense is regressing as much as they're dealing with injuries and playing some very potent offenses in the last 3-4 weeks. That said, they'll have to step it up a notch or 2 to beat the Bears or Vikings in the playoffs.

And I mean let's just be real. Even the best defense is not going to stop any of the super-high powered offenses (Saints, KC, Rams) in the NFL today. With the way the rules are set up, and the modern offensive schemes, even the "elite" defenses are mostly getting shredded by the top offenses. That might change in the playoffs as they allow for more physicality, but getting torched by KC, LA, or the Saints doesn't really tell you anything about your defense. In those games, it's more about which defense can make a few big plays/turnovers to swing momentum, and the Rams did it a couple more times than KC did.

Hey ChaChing, do the Rams remind you of the 2011 Packers by any chance? Just a hunch...

Also, their defense will improve when Talib returns. Take Lattimore out of our defense and we'd have similar issues, I think.

Frankly, I'm not so sure the Rams even make it to a potential NFCCG. A team like Minnesota or Chicago could easily knock them out.

That's what I am thinking. Both teams can obviously put up points...but you have to be able to alter your lights-out offense if:

A. The other team has a good defense (Bears)
B. The other team can score just as much as you (Saints)

The ref's made it painfully obvious during the first rams drive that this was not going to be playoff football. There were plenty of ticky-tack defensive pass interference and holding calls. The goal of this game was to score TD's and let Cali forget about the fires for a little while.

The ref's made it painfully obvious during the first rams drive that this was not going to be playoff football. There were plenty of ticky-tack defensive pass interference and holding calls. The goal of this game was to score TD's and let Cali forget about the fires for a little while.
Maybe so. If that's the case, that makes the game even more lame. But we'll never know for sure...

People outright dismissing the Chiefs and Rams are delusional, and would be up in arms if other fans/talking heads spoke that way about the Saints.

The Rams are formidable and gave us a very good game at home. We played very well and it was close until the end, only winning by 10 on a walk-off shot where the corner in coverage wasn't 100% ready at the snap. To think that we would just waltz into LA and be guaranteed to smoke these guys is ridiculous - stop that. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that we are a slightly better team at this moment in time, and that's about as far as it goes.

As for the Rams' defense, we have seen what happened to our own after adding a solid, but unspectacular #2 corner into the lineup. I personally can't stand Talib and think he's a terrible human being to go along with being somewhat overrated this year, but he's still probably as good as Apple is at this point in their careers.

I'd feel a whole lot better about getting HFA, and even then, I would not feel over-confident about playing these guys again. We'd likely be favored, and we should be, but we're as capable of being beaten by the Rams at home as the Rams are capable of being beaten by Chicago or whomever they might host in the first playoff game.

I had a friend text me during the game about how we should be scared if we have to play the Rams again to get to the superbowl. His main point was how often their defense was getting to Mahomes. I pointed out to him the obvious in that the Saints have already beaten them, and that also Drew would have gotten the ball out long before anyone even gets near him, much less our o-line wouldnt have even allowed them the chance.

People are taking the bait on the hype for the Rams all the while forgetting that 1 L in their record is due to the other team in the NFC that is beating playoff contention teams on a weekly basis. I almost want the Rams/Chiefs to both get bounced early or even miss the playoffs just to shut up all the talking heads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom