Get rid of Murphy..... (1 Viewer)

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
To many running backs on the roster. Runs straight into the coverage. Even when the Raiders were backed up 15 yards, he bumbles to kickoff and barely made it to the 20.

If Cooks back there , he might have gotten at least to the 35. Sign a veteran db for next week.

Defense still awful, officiating awful at the end

How he made the active game day roster let alone the 53 man roster has me amazed... Spiller was our best back all of preseason and he can't even get a game but Murphy does? Very frustrating.

I don't know how you can justify a roster spot for absolutely no production. That was a poor return at the end of the game and had he not run into his own blockers and run win the WIDE OPEN space that was available to him, that could have been enough for the final field goal attampt.

I would rather win by an overall bad game than lose like that. I hate losing the first game.

Agreed... Murphy shouldn't have ever been kept in the first place. His last return was just short of disastrous. Maybe if he does it properly we get a little more time a few more yards to make that fg.

Personnel choices need to be seriously examined.

ive always said he is useless.

i hate him more than anybody on the team.

if he doesn't fumble a return, he only returns it for 5 yards.

he is absolutely horrible

I agree, this team is pretty good....well, the offense, but Murphy adds nothing that someone else can't do.

That personal foul on Crabtree was a blessing in disguise for Oakland. If we get a touchback there instead of an atrocious return from Murphy we start with the ball at the 25 instead of the 20. Maybe those 5 yards could've made a difference for Lutz.

Feeling absolutely sick about this game.

We cannot get rid of Murphy, the secret to success is having 6 running backs on the roster.

The other secret is to pay two of them $10 million, then give the majority of snaps to guys on minimum contracts.

That personal foul on Crabtree was a blessing in disguise for Oakland. If we get a touchback there instead of an atrocious return from Murphy we start with the ball at the 25 instead of the 20. Maybe those 5 yards could've made a difference for Lutz.

Feeling absolutely sick about this game.

Yep, would have saved a few seconds too which were invaluable since the coach can't help himself from wasting timeouts.

If you're not going to use Spiller as a running back anyway, make him the return guy and kick Murphy to the curb. This team needs every roster spot it can get right now to try to find someone who can play db and anyone who can provide a pass rush.

I cannot understand Payton's love for Murphy.. I feel like it's all based on the ONE punt return touchdown against the Titans last season

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom