Get to 4-4 and we’ll be fine (1 Viewer)

We need to be 4-3 heading into the bye. split one of the next two (@ Seattle or home vs Dallas - will be tough), then take 2 of the next 3 (Tampa, @Jax, @Chicago).

3-4 would keep us on life-support but it's pretty tough to expect that Brees could finish 7-2 coming off a major surgery on his throwing hand. 4-3 keeps us right there.

I dont think we will win either of the next 2 games - outside chance to beat Dallas at home, because it’s at home, but they are playing some good football right now - as much as it pains me to say.

Then we have the Bucs at home, which, if we are 1-3 is now a must win imo, if we cough that up all bets are off and the wheels probably come tumbling off and the season is done. Now, if we win that one then go to jville and win, we would be 3-3 heading to the dumpster known as Chicago- then the Cards to finish up before the bye, make no mistake neither of those games will be easy ones.

If we can get to 5-3 or even 4-4 by that point i like our chances. Anything else we are probably going to have tough time of it. If we are in it after the bye and at the dome for Drew coming back against atl it should be an electric atmosphere.

The caveat here is how everyone else in our division plays- if they stink up the joint its entirely possible even with poor play the rest of them keep us in the running, only time will tell.

First indicator will be this weekend to see how Teddy does - alot of questions should be answered, will he be able to do the job? Inspire confidence on both sides of the ball? If yes then even with a loss in Sea it should bode well for the future- if no, and its a constant punt fest with our D being constantly out there, and the offense looking slow and out of sinc it could be a very long six weeks indeed.

Someone with eyes open. Thank you.

Exactly. The game plan changes for sure but let’s support Teddy and the whole team now. I really think yesterday, the team just got emotional when Brees went down and instead of winning they let their emotions get the best of them. Gotta take emotions out of it and win the games.

It’s next man up. Teddy and Payton need to do their jobs and come up w/ a plan to win these next games w/ Brees in there for now. Simply as that. Other teams have done it before so we can now. Let’s do it.

I think 3-5 is both do-able and workable. The Saints could realistically run the table or go 7-1 in the last 8 with Drew Back, which puts us at 10-6 and very likely in the playoffs. It's not ideal because it probably means 3 road playoff games, but we'll take what we can get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom