Getting an OLB in free agency? (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The Jets are chasing Victor Butler, and the Colts and the Browns are apparently going after Paul Kruger. Who else is out there? Or will we just be looking for depth if anything?

We will know when FA actually opens... Patience grasshopper.

tve10681-19720222-1308.jpg

The Jets are chasing Victor Butler, and the Colts and the Browns are apparently going after Paul Kruger. Who else is out there? Or will we just be looking for depth if anything?

We can outbid the Jets for Victor Butler, if we want. And it wouldn't be hard to compete for his services. More stable situation, Rob Ryan was his coach, we'll have more cap space than the Jets before FA opens I can promise, etc.

If we want Butler, we'll get him. Honestly he's the sort of move we'll make, if any, at DE/OLB. The staff giving Galette a three year deal is telling. They could have just left him on a RFA tender. So evidently they value him as a potential starter.

If Butler is looking to start it will be hard to lure him for a rotational depth role in my opinion. I have a hard time believing he would start opposite of Galette.

If Butler is looking to start it will be hard to lure him for a rotational depth role in my opinion. I have a hard time believing he would start opposite of Galette.

No one's going to give him the starting job. He'll have to compete no matter where he goes. At least here he can compete against a relative unknown.

But, if the staff fully anticipates Galette would beat Butler out, and since Rob Ryan would be making that evaluation that would be telling, spending precious FA dollars on that would be a waste.

No one's going to give him the starting job. He'll have to compete no matter where he goes. At least here he can compete against a relative unknown.

But, if the staff fully anticipates Galette would beat Butler out, and since Rob Ryan would be making that evaluation that would be telling, spending precious FA dollars on that would be a waste.

The chances of starting over Galette particularly now is slim and none. Any player we pick up for that side of the field will be for depth/rotational purposes. He has a much better chance of starting in NY, his former coach is our biggest attraction, possibly.

I'd like to see us sign a veteran to play opposite of Galette, posters are saying Shaun Phillips now that the Cowgirls have tagged Spencer. Then either draft a player who can rotate in that SAM role with Phillips or any VET or draft a rusher to rotate with Galette in the Jack role.

I'd go for Rob Jackson with the Skins, but it appears they have already offered him a tender, if it's the lowest tender offer for a RFA it would cost the Saints a 7th rounder I believe which would be well worth it. Good pressure and great in coverage when he has had the opportunity to play. Sadly I'm assuming the Skins tendered him much higher, which is weird considering he is only depth behind Orakpo and Kerrigan.

I'd go for Rob Jackson with the Skins, but it appears they have already offered him a tender, if it's the lowest tender offer for a RFA it would cost the Saints a 7th rounder I believe which would be well worth it. Good pressure and great in coverage when he has had the opportunity to play. Sadly I'm assuming the Skins tendered him much higher, which is weird considering he is only depth behind Orakpo and Kerrigan.

@ProFootballTalk: Rob Jackson, Redskins agree in principle on new deal http://t.co/dTDMsALrOx

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Cowboys not interested in Victor Butler's return at this time.
Retweeted by Larry Holder

I think victor butler chooses to sign with us because of rob ryan and a better shot than winning a Super Bowl than w the colts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom