Getting beat like a drum is a blessing for this team.... (1 Viewer)

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
After the initial shock of being pounded in front of a national audience, I began to think... this could be a good thing for our team.

We all hate a loss.... a 31 point loss is no different than a 1 point loss in my book... both put a L in the column on the schedule.

What this loss in particular should do... is send a huge wake up call to our team. Maybe the words "Earn it" will take on a meaning more than just something printed on a T-shirt. Maybe this team will work harder to live up the expectations that they seem to have bought into too well tonight.

This was a team loss... no one player or coach lost this game. We turned the ball over... we dropped passes... we couldn't protect.... we couldn't run block... we couldn't cover... we couldn't stop the run... we couldn't dial up a play call to save our lives.

What all that should tell this team is.... if you want to play with the best.... you're going to have to "Earn it"... literally.... not just on paper... or by reputation.

We didn't all of a sudden become a bad team.... we just didn't "Earn it" tonight.

If a loss like this doesn't light a complete inferno under the hind of this team and it's coaches... nothing will.

Personally.... I expect to see them use this as fuel for the fire.

Thank you Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, and the Colts defense.... Thank You for sending my team an early reality check... we didn't want to have one... but it looks as though it was necessary.

Geaux Saints.

Just remember - in 2004 the Steelers kicked the crap out of the Patriots in October, only to get killed by them in the AFCCG.....

Just remember - in 2004 the Steelers kicked the crap out of the Patriots in October, only to get killed by them in the AFCCG.....

And the Pats got whooped in wk1 by Buffalo in '03, and then lost to the RedStinks a couple of wks later-they went on to win the Super Bowl.

After the initial shock of being pounded in front of a national audience, I began to think... this could be a good thing for our team.

We all hate a loss.... a 31 point loss is no different than a 1 point loss in my book... both put a L in the column on the schedule.

What this loss in particular should do... is send a huge wake up call to our team. Maybe the words "Earn it" will take on a meaning more than just something printed on a T-shirt. Maybe this team will work harder to live up the expectations that they seem to have bought into too well tonight.

This was a team loss... no one player or coach lost this game. We turned the ball over... we dropped passes... we couldn't protect.... we couldn't run block... we couldn't cover... we couldn't stop the run... we couldn't dial up a play call to save our lives.

What all that should tell this team is.... if you want to play with the best.... you're going to have to "Earn it"... literally.... not just on paper... or by reputation.

We didn't all of a sudden become a bad team.... we just didn't "Earn it" tonight.

If a loss like this doesn't light a complete inferno under the hind of this team and it's coaches... nothing will.

Thank you Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, and the Colts defense.... Thank You for sending my team an early reality check... we didn't want to have one... but it looks as though it was necessary.

Geaux Saints.

LOL!

No.

Getting beat like a drum is getting beat like a drum. And nothing else.

But yes I hope it provides motivation to rebound.

The last two times we've seen this team play, the offense has had a rough go of it. And against two similar defensive schemes. I just wonder if the offense has been "figured out."

There's plenty of games left in the season to turn this around, and we're in the NFC; so we can still be a top team in this weaker conference. But there's plenty of problems that this team needs to solve.

The last two times we've seen this team play the offense has had a rough go of it. And against two similar defensive schemes. I just wonder if the offense has been "figured out."

The Bears and the Colts, despite theoritically having the same base defense, had two wildly different game plans for us. Wildly different.

Gonna stay outta this thread and not post what i want to say because it's just gonna get me banned.

I agree 100%. This is an early blessing in disguise. I remember the year when Brooks got hurt and Haslett refused to put in Jake. Around that time, everyone had the Saints the runaway Superbowl winners. And we lost the last 4 games and missed the playoffs. This punch in the mouth will sting until February, and I know this team will learn from it. Hopefully, the hype mongers will quiet down for a while and they can focus week to week. I am not worried about one game. I am still proud of the fact that they were picked to open the season.

Geaux Saints!!!!

I guess my point was.... overcoming adversity can make you stronger and more focused.... and the Saints just got served a truck load of adversity tonight. If they have the character I think they have on this team... they will use and learn from it... and not make the same mistakes twice.

I hope that wake up call made it all the way up to the Head Coach...sometimes running the ball down a teams throat (Deuce) is the way to keep the best QB in the league off the field.

Geaux Saints.

Sadly, I was already thinking this before the game. Been a fan a long time...

I'm not upset but rather disappointed. The team did not look like the team I was expecting. I was ok with a loss to the Colts and expected it, but to be totally dominated on both sides of the ball was not expected.

I'm not upset but rather disappointed. The team did not look like the team I was expecting. I was ok with a loss to the Colts and expected it, but to be totally dominated on both sides of the ball was not expected.

I think that's exactly why I feel pretty horrible this morning. Other than the fact I could'nt sleep for thinking about how badly we played and it's time to go to work. Jeez I just wanted to stay in bed this morning. I can except a loss if we play competitively but to get dominated just, well, sucks. hopefully that's the last we'll see of that Saints team the rest of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom