Getting beat like a drum is a blessing for this team.... (1 Viewer)

I'm not upset but rather disappointed. The team did not look like the team I was expecting. I was ok with a loss to the Colts and expected it, but to be totally dominated on both sides of the ball was not expected.

That sums up perfectly how I feel. But being the optimist, I'm with Infoman...hopefully we're getting our reality check in week one...our "woulda, coulda, shoulda", if you will. It was definitely a team loss, from the coaching staff on down, and the team has 10 days to rebound, retool, and remotivate for the rest of the season.

We lost to the Super Bowl champs, in week one, on their turf, on a night that was an emotional one for the team and their fans...not the end of the world. I'm confident in this team and its coaches to come back. I put more stock in the success of last season vs. one game this season. This is STILL a good football team.

If I can add an unbiased observation. You lost to the Superbowl Champs. The Colts are a great team. That's nothing to be upset about. Heck, the Colts have got me worried, too. In fact, that's one of the losses I'm counting on our schedule this year. I don't believe you guys thought you would be undefeated this year. Just count it as a loss and move on to next week. The good news is, the team's weaknesses are exposed and now they can fix it. At least it happened in the first game of the season. Payton will get this thing fixed and you guys will bounce back. :9:

If I can add an unbiased observation. You lost to the Superbowl Champs. The Colts are a great team. That's nothing to be upset about. Heck, the Colts have got me worried, too. In fact, that's one of the losses I'm counting on our schedule this year. I don't believe you guys thought you would be undefeated this year. Just count it as a loss and move on to next week. The good news is, the team's weaknesses are exposed and now they can fix it. At least it happened in the first game of the season. Payton will get this thing fixed and you guys will bounce back. :9:

Thanks for the positive vibes...who's your team? You may indicate so in your avatar, but avatars are turned off at the time of your post. I like to know who the favorite teams of our rival fans are, since I always enjoy good football discussion about ALL the teams.

And I agree with your comments 100%. I expect our staff and team to fix those weakenesses...and as you said, better now than later in the season! :9:

:)

I'm not shocked we lost to the Colts. Although I expected us to win, the chips were stacked against the Saints. I'm just very disappointed with their performance. Reminded me of the team that showed up in the HOF game against the Steelers rather than the team that ended the presason on such a high note. It is just the first game and we'll see how they respond in week 2.

Not if Coach cant learn his lesson after two identical games

Responding to Primadox's question. Sorry. Should have quoted.
Panther fan. From inception. I always had an affinity for the Saints, though. If I allowed myself to have a second team, it would probably be the Saints. But I'm loyal to a fault. My in-laws are from Louisiana and are Saints fans. So you can imagine how it is 2 games a season around here.
Anyway, the Saints will live to fight another day.
SPANK THE BUCS NEXT WEEK.:hihi:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom