Getting Dorsey or Ellis (1 Viewer)

Darkhorse985

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Saints may have a shot at getting Dorsey or Ellis if the draft falls like this:

1. Miami: Jake Long, OT
2. St. Louis: Chris Long, DE
3. Atlanta: Matt Ryan, QB
4. Oakland: Darren McFadden, RB
5. Kansas City: Ryan Clady, OT
6. NY Jets: Golston, DE/OLB
7. New England: Leodis McKelvin, CB
8. Baltimore: Brian Brohm, QB
9. Cincinnati: Glenn Dorsey, DT
10 New Orleans: Sedrick Ellis, DT

This is not that incredibly unrealistic. Take a look at Miami's depth chart. They really need a left tackle. Miami, Kansas City, and Baltimore really affect whether this happens or not.

Last edited:
My main concern would be the teams trading up to snag Ellis and Dorsey if they are available beyond 5. There is a high demand for big tackles, especially tackles that display the rare athleticism of these two.

I would be shocked if one of the two would be available at 10. If we want one, will need to trade up. Loomis may be gunshy about trading up for a tackle following the Sullivan disaster, however.

I really see ST Louis and Haslett raining on our parade by taking Ellis or Dorsey. If they both get pass the Rams then the Saints chances of being in position to either trade up or even better staying right where they are to get one will greatly increase. Every mock has ATL picking the QB I don't see them going in that direction either.

The Saints may have a shot at getting Dorsey or Ellis if the draft falls like this:

This is not that incredibly unrealistic. Take a look at Miami's depth chart. They really need a left tackle. Miami, Kansas City, and Baltimore really affect whether this happens or not.

I definitely think that this scenario could play out. But I would imagine either Dorsey or Ellis go at #2. And I also think there's a remote chance that Atlanta could take McFadden.There will be QB's available in the 2nd round for the Falcons to draft. (Woodson-UK) So the question becomes do you pass up the home run type RB for the so called "Franchise" QB? If you draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd, either way your still grooming and in for a long year.

If that happens, Oakland is pretty much forced to select Dorsey or Ellis because the loss of Sapp. Then the whole complexity of the draft changes and things get interesting! Expect NYJ's phone to start ringing with Cincy and NO on the other end.

I would prefer to stand pat and wait until 10 rather than get into a bidding war and mortgage our future.

Last edited:
My main concern would be the teams trading up to snag Ellis and Dorsey if they are available beyond 5. There is a high demand for big tackles, especially tackles that display the rare athleticism of these two.

I would be shocked if one of the two would be available at 10. If we want one, will need to trade up. Loomis may be gunshy about trading up for a tackle following the Sullivan disaster, however.

I agree. I believe our best trade opportunity would be trading this year's 3rd round pick to New England in order to swap places with them.

Personally, too me that is way unrealistic too me..... maybe Dorsey or Ellis fall out of the top 5 but not both.....

Three of the nine Miami cuts today were defensive tackles. I think even if they trade out of the one spot (and drop somewhere between 2 & 9) their now definetly primed to select a DT.

Three of the nine Miami cuts today were defensive tackles. I think even if they trade out of the one spot (and drop somewhere between 2 & 9) their now definetly primed to select a DT.

If they switch to a 3-4, which has been Parcells MO, then all those DT's weren't needed. The Dolphins already have have a big-bodied nose tackle that was drafted in the 4th round last year.

I think you have the two top picks backwards, but most important of all, you forget that Parcells is calling shots in Miami and there's no way they pass on Dorsey for either of the Long's.

We gotta trade up if we want one. I could see the second one maybe slipping to Cincy, but I just don't see one falling to us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom