Getting Lasik in two weeks... (1 Viewer)

I went with Williamson Eye Center. No problems, nice staff, no issues with questions or follow ups.

Go get a second opinion ANDRUS. Lahaye is on Kaliste Saloom , but he might be pricey too. so your eyes are worse than mine now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So how did those consultations go Paul and Andrus? I finally decided to get the ball rolling with a consult next Friday and if all goes well the iLASIK a week later. They required I not wear contacts two weeks prior to the first exam so I'm wearing glasses all day for the first time in 20 years. I still have lingering thoughts in the back of my mind like: is this right thing to do and what if something goes wrong, etc. but I have just had enough of contacts and glasses.

Wow. Mine was $2000 for both eyes at Azar clinic. That's crazy. That was in 2011.

It ended up costing $3240, actually. I had the LASIK done yesterday. My eyes really were irritated pretty bad the first 24 hours. I just couldn't keep them open and they burned a lot. I finally figured out that it was the antibiotic drops causing the problem, so they switched the prescription out and all was well afterwards. It's a shame because I went through hell unnecessarily.

Anyway... I see a heck of a lot better and my vision is seemingly getting better by the hour. I just noticed that I am seeing definition that I haven't seen in 20 years... Even able to make out some fine print. I do have a little halo effect going on... But am told that is normal at this stage. We'll see how it goes.. Dr. Paul said that the sight coming in is a progression and to give it a week.

It ended up costing $3240, actually. I had the LASIK done yesterday. My eyes really were irritated pretty bad the first 24 hours. I just couldn't keep them open and they burned a lot. I finally figured out that it was the antibiotic drops causing the problem, so they switched the prescription out and all was well afterwards. It's a shame because I went through hell unnecessarily.

Anyway... I see a heck of a lot better and my vision is seemingly getting better by the hour. I just noticed that I am seeing definition that I haven't seen in 20 years... Even able to make out some fine print. I do have a little halo effect going on... But am told that is normal at this stage. We'll see how it goes.. Dr. Paul said that the sight coming in is a progression and to give it a week.

Congratulations. Welcome to the life of seeing without help. The Halos will last a little while, but they will.go away as the eyes heal. Really give it six months or more, maybe, and you will have the clearest night vision ever. Honestly, 2k, 3k or even 4k is worth the vision that most are left with.

Time to start practicing your cat-calling now...you are going to be seeing everything. Like scrolling through the BTL threads. :hihi:

Congratulations. Welcome to the life of seeing without help. The Halos will last a little while, but they will.go away as the eyes heal. Really give it six months or more, maybe, and you will have the clearest night vision ever. Honestly, 2k, 3k or even 4k is worth the vision that most are left with.

Time to start practicing your cat-calling now...you are going to be seeing everything. Like scrolling through the BTL threads. :hihi:

Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I am able to see close in better than anything distant. Anything over say 6 feet is a bit out of focus. Like when I look at the channel guide on the flat screen the individual letters sort of shadow one another a bit. Last night that wasn't happening. But it is only day 3 and they did tell me vision changes would be normal. I just don't like regression like that. It is pretty sweet being on the iPad and reading everything without any difficulty at all, however. That is major right there. : ).

Hey! The Dr. told me that I would be 20/20 in the right eye and 20/25 in the left, and I am counting on that eventuality.

Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I am able to see close in better than anything distant. Anything over say 6 feet is a bit out of focus. Like when I look at the channel guide on the flat screen the individual letters sort of shadow one another a bit. Last night that wasn't happening. But it is only day 3 and they did tell me vision changes would be normal. I just don't like regression like that. It is pretty sweet being on the iPad and reading everything without any difficulty at all, however. That is major right there. : ).

Hey! The Dr. told me that I would be 20/20 in the right eye and 20/25 in the left, and I am counting on that eventuality.

Just keep using the artificial tears as suggested. That goes away with time. You'll be good to go before you know it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom