Getting Lasik in two weeks... (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How many of you have had this procedure?

So how much eye irritation did you have after the procedure and how long does it last? Any advice on post op?

I am now legally blind, and the Eye Doctor (Azar in Lafayette) said that in my case I may not even need reading glasses after the procedure. It's been a long time since I could see with any real definition, even with glasses. That would sure be nice.

I want to go see an eye doc to see if I can get lasik on my eye with the astigmatism. I want to be able to enjoy some 3D TV.

So how much eye irritation did you have after the procedure and how long does it last? Any advice on post op?

I am now legally blind, and the Eye Doctor (Azar in Lafayette) said that in my case I may not even need reading glasses after the procedure. It's been a long time since I could see with any real definition, even with glasses. That would sure be nice.

I, personally, have not had it done but I do have close family members who have. None of who regret their decision to have procedure done.

Word of advice, be extremely nice to your wife/significant other before the procedure.

Good luck

Me too. It's something I'd love to have done at some point, but I don't know how much of a candidate I am with my astigmatism.

good luck Andrus!

I know procedures on eyes make people nervous but that sounds like a pretty exciting change - from legally blind to no need for glasses. I wish you the best success possible.

i got it down in august of 2011. easy stuff. the best thing was waking up in the middle of the night and seeing the time on the clock. i was like whoa. thats what it feels like. i was in glasses from around 1999-2003 i think. then i switched to contacts. in 2011 i couldnt wear contacts anymore. so i had lasik done.

i had it done on tuesday and was back at work on thursday. they told me not to go to work or drive on wednesday because my eyes werent completely healed.

Who will do the surgery at Azar? Dr. Paul, or his daughter Suzie?

I've grew-up with Suzie, and Dr. Paul was a good friend of my father. My step-mother is the controller at the office.

I had it about a month ago. I had eye irritation for about 4 hours (slight burning/stinging sensation). I never even used the drops for pain. My vision got progressively better until I went to bed and then when I went for my check up the next morning my vision was close to 20/15. I see better than I did with glasses, and my depth perception is much better. It's almost surreal.

I had it done 13 years ago. I've heard it's a much different procedure now than it was then. When I had it done, I had to have each eye done seven days apart with total healing of the eye taking a few days. I can tell you that my vision is still great after all this time so it was definitely worth it, and I too was legally blind in one eye and might as well have been in the other. You won't regret it.

Damn, was hoping you were going to Mexico to get it done on the cheap.

I had it done here in Hattiesburg about 2 years ago. My wife also works at the clinic where it was done so I have a little experience with process. I have never met a person who didn't say it was one of the best decisions of their life, and I agree! It is life changing.

You will a little blurred vision for a day or two, but not so bad that you need glasses or anything and you may have halos around lights for a week or so. I had mine done on a Friday afternoon and played in a golf tournament on Sunday!!

The only care I would recommend is have plenty of Systane eye wetting drops and use a whole tube every couple of hours. Your eyes can dry out easily after Lasik and that will take your vision longer to get to where it should be. Good Luck Andrus!!!

I had my eyes done in 2006 after having worn contacts since 1984.
One of the best decisions I have ever made was to have this procedure. I had no issues post op at all. By the next morning my left eye was 20/15 and by the next week, so was my right eye.
For having been in routine for so many years of waking up and putting contacts in, that for weeks, if not months, I kept having this strange feeling everyday that there was something I was forgetting to do.

Best money I ever spent!!! I took their advice and slept for about 4 hours after the surgery so I don't remember any immediate problems. Then I was doing the whole drops every four hours or something like that. The hardest part for me was remembering to not rub my eyes.

My wife had it done about 5 years ago. They gave her a valium before and a sleeping aid after. They asked her to keep her eyes covered for 4-6 hours after. She had it done on a Friday and slept mostly until Saturday morning. There really wasnt any pain afterward. She said it was likened it to being in a smokey room with contacts on. It only lasted for an hour or so after and she pretty much slept after that until the next day.

She does say it was the best decision she has ever made. She was legally blind at the time as well and now has 20/15. Her vision was bad from the get go, so she got to see the world for the first time literally.

She still gets overwhelmed in naturally beautiful settings (the blue water in Cozumel, The greeness of the trees in the Midwest, and the different colors of the trees in the Northeast in the fall). She can't believe it really looked like that her whole life and couldnt see it.

She also was amazed to be able to read the clock across the room clearly.

I will say that it was difficult for me to watch them cut the flap on the eyeball and lay it over then a laser causes smoke while pulsating on the eye. Just crazy.

Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom