Getting no sleep sucks. (1 Viewer)

Have you tried pot? I have a buddy that has serious sleep issues and he takes a hit or two before bed and sleeps through the night. He used to be really anti-drug, but now understands that sometimes the best medicine is naturally grown and not cooked up in a lab.

If you do try it for sleep, make sure it's an Indica and not a Sativa strain... Not that I am some kind of expert or anything, but uhm... ehrr... a friend of a friend told me most Sativa's will NOT help you sleep while many Indica strains will knock you out. :run:

As I get older, it seems I sleep less deeply. I always wake up once to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it's a bit harder to get back to sleep. It is a pain, and you both have my sympathies.
Melatonin will help you with those middle-of the-night wake-ups. I take 5mg and usually am back asleep withing 5-10 mins.

I do sleep less deeply as well. I'm still waiting to see one, just one, thing that's gotten better as I've aged because I can tell you that turning 50 was like hitting a physical, emotional, and spiritual brick wall.

My father-in-law once said "Getting old isn't for sissies"

If you do try it for sleep, make sure it's an Indica and not a Sativa strain... Not that I am some kind of expert or anything, but uhm... ehrr... a friend of a friend told me most Sativa's will NOT help you sleep while many Indica strains will knock you out. :run:
Where does your friend's friend get his weed? A friend of mine wants to know :hihi:

Get yourself a couple little kids, you'll be tired as hell in no time. I'm 37 and I feel like 87.
Try having one when you're 51. My daughter is 4. I love her to death but damn, the physical toll is exhausting. I'm in good shape, I still run 3x a week and lift weights 3x. She gets the better of me anyway :rolleyes:

Melatonin will help you with those middle-of the-night wake-ups. I take 5mg and usually am back asleep withing 5-10 mins.

I do sleep less deeply as well. I'm still waiting to see one, just one, thing that's gotten better as I've aged because I can tell you that turning 50 was like hitting a physical, emotional, and spiritual brick wall.

My father-in-law once said "Getting old isn't for sissies"

Do you take the melatonin when you go to bad, or when you wake up?

Slept throught the night last night. Woke up, looked at the clock and saw that we slept through the alarm.

Only I was dreaming, and that was what woke me up.

At 2am.

Went potty and was able to fall back asleep just fine, but dude...Sandman was a cruel master last night.

Thanks for all the uhm .... natural advice. I would love to roll a big fat one and crash but all that I have ever tried/heard about didn't have that effect on me. It relaxed me but not that much. Maybe I just haven't tried the good stuff yet but I am willing.

Do you take the melatonin when you go to bad, or when you wake up?

Slept throught the night last night. Woke up, looked at the clock and saw that we slept through the alarm.

Only I was dreaming, and that was what woke me up.

At 2am.

Went potty and was able to fall back asleep just fine, but dude...Sandman was a cruel master last night.
I usually fall asleep right away when I go to bed the first time, so the Melatonin is for the 230 am bathroom break. puts me right out most times :)

has anyone tried listening to “The Rabbit Who Wants to Fall Asleep?”

just curious.

i was on ambien for years (quiet buzd), but i was able to fight it and do stupid sheet instead of sleep. now,

i am on lunesta, year now, and it works, though i can’t get more than 5 hours on it. i usually take either a benadryl or klonopin with it to make sure i do sleep. problem is that it makes me super groggy in the morning, and even if i did get a lot of sleep, it doesn’t feel like it.

looking for new things to try and this looks interesting.

I have always suffered from it periodically. When I have a really bad night of it the only thing that I find gets me on track is just struggle through that day without a nap and try to be in bed an extra hour earlier. I used to go through days and days of it. Benedryl does help me though. If I take 2 or 3 I can usually be asleep within an hour. Never just lay in bed though unless you are confident you can read and go to sleep. Once you realize you are having trouble falling asleep, get up and try again later or else the anxiety will just make it worse. Writing the crap down that my head is throwing around at 90 miles an hour helps me put it to rest for the night sometimes too.

Have either looked into Valerian root?

I had a bout of insomnia in my late 20s (coming off my lifestyle of early and mid 20s) went to a health food market that gave me valerian root in a liquid (orange flavor)

The first night I drank it.. I woke next am. No groggy, no side effects. Havent had any issues since but look into it.

All natural.

i had alexa read the audiobook to me last night. not sure if because it is super boring or just effective, but all i remember is visiting uncle yawn (yes, uncle yawn) and assume i fell asleep.

I have always suffered from it periodically. When I have a really bad night of it the only thing that I find gets me on track is just struggle through that day without a nap and try to be in bed an extra hour earlier. I used to go through days and days of it. Benedryl does help me though. If I take 2 or 3 I can usually be asleep within an hour. Never just lay in bed though unless you are confident you can read and go to sleep. Once you realize you are having trouble falling asleep, get up and try again later or else the anxiety will just make it worse. Writing the crap down that my head is throwing around at 90 miles an hour helps me put it to rest for the night sometimes too.
i don’t know how you can take 3 benadryl haha
Have either looked into Valerian root?

I had a bout of insomnia in my late 20s (coming off my lifestyle of early and mid 20s) went to a health food market that gave me valerian root in a liquid (orange flavor)

The first night I drank it.. I woke next am. No groggy, no side effects. Havent had any issues since but look into it.

All natural.
hmm, i will look into it. thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom