Getting no sleep sucks. (1 Viewer)

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
I am a type 1 diabetic and have been since I was 15. I am 53 now so I have had this crap for 38 years now. Overall I am in decent shape for someone who has has this stuff for this long but I am not without some issues. One of the worse ones to deal with from a just a pain in the butt thing to deal with is chronic insomnia. I have tried everything on the market and the only thing that works for me is ambien cr. Right now I have health insurance but no pharmacy insurance. I am also on an unrelated medical leave of absence so money is tight and ambien is expensive. I have tried all the over counter crap and melatonin 10mg.None of it works. I have been up all night with no sleep and it really sucks.

I have the opposite problem. I have sleep apnea so I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I have a Bipap machine that I use every night. It helps but really only allows me to function for about half the day. After 10 I'm very tired. I usually have to take a nap in the parking lot before driving home.
My machine is set at the highest setting and the sleep doctor is considering a stimulant.
I don't know if I like that idea.

As I get older, it seems I sleep less deeply. I always wake up once to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it's a bit harder to get back to sleep. It is a pain, and you both have my sympathies.

I suffer from self inflicted lack of sleep and it impacts every aspect of my life.

I am a type 1 diabetic and have been since I was 15. I am 53 now so I have had this crap for 38 years now. Overall I am in decent shape for someone who has has this stuff for this long but I am not without some issues. One of the worse ones to deal with from a just a pain in the butt thing to deal with is chronic insomnia. I have tried everything on the market and the only thing that works for me is ambien cr. Right now I have health insurance but no pharmacy insurance. I am also on an unrelated medical leave of absence so money is tight and ambien is expensive. I have tried all the over counter crap and melatonin 10mg.None of it works. I have been up all night with no sleep and it really sucks.
Have you tried pot? I have a buddy that has serious sleep issues and he takes a hit or two before bed and sleeps through the night. He used to be really anti-drug, but now understands that sometimes the best medicine is naturally grown and not cooked up in a lab.

Usually go to bed around 10; sometimes a little later.

No problems falling asleep.

But when 2:30 or 3 comes rolling around, I'm up. Can't fall back to sleep and I toss and turn until its time to get up.

And on particularly bad nights, I don't look forward to going to bed the next night. Irritability, a bit of depression, lethargy. Sucks.

have you tried Valerian Root extract?

in my 20s i had issue ( from partying too hard..sorry ) and i happened upon a health food place that told me about Valerian Root. IT worked and no side effects or dependency.

Natural remedies are best for insomnia. Acupuncture is great for insomnia and there are Chinese herbs that will help you sleep and feel rested. All hope is not lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is medical marijuana legal in Louisiana yet?

Is medical marijuana legal in Louisiana yet?

yes.

kinda lol

it passed ( May 2016 ) but they said will take about a year for it to be in full effect. so 2017.

Go for a nice sweat inducing jog sometime after 6. Then hit a bong after dinner.

Sleep issues resolved.

I have the opposite problem. I have sleep apnea so I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I have a Bipap machine that I use every night. It helps but really only allows me to function for about half the day. After 10 I'm very tired. I usually have to take a nap in the parking lot before driving home.
My machine is set at the highest setting and the sleep doctor is considering a stimulant.
I don't know if I like that idea.

:no: I think my setting is at 12 or 13. Usually If I get 6 straight hours I'm good enough for 15 to 18 hours before I get tired again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom