Getting really tired of the anti-Saints respect on NFL network.. (1 Viewer)

Our motto is ProveThemRight. Not ProveThemWrong. I doubt the Saints care about the few people picking the Rams. Leave the "no one believes in us" to the Patriots

I'm really interested in what Brandon Marshall has to say on NFL Network tomorrow. He will have a lil bit better insight on Saints. Who Dat!

I know..all very good points my friends. All I've heard today is how this is different than last time, Talib playing etc etc..... I guess they have nothing else to hang on.... Two more shifts at work tonight and half day tomorrow, and its time! I'm just ready to get this thing going...

Yeah I don't pay them no mind.
They're just a waste of my precious time.

So the narrative the media is selling is the Saints are the bad guys of football, kinda like the Raiders but badder..Yea that's finally becoming very clear

I don't think he was calling gumbo soup, I think he actually meant soup.
This is how I saw it presented:

" Marcus Peters stood at a podium Wednesday and spoke about his respect for Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints. He insisted his feisty comments about the coach two months ago had been misinterpreted and blown out of proportion by controversy-hungry fans and media.​
And then his coach popped up in the back of the room.​
''Let me get some of that soup!'' Sean McVay yelled.​
One way or another, gumbo will be served at the NFC championship game."​
Peters was talking about gumbo, and Goff says, "that soup".​
:idunno:

I don't watch sports shows or listen to talk radio - even the local shows are filled with negative callers. Hate and anger expend too much energy. Save it for yelling at the game. Game or no game, you should try to have a great experience out of each day. Don't let others dictate the day for you.

This is precisely why in another thread I mentioned that I have avoided these types of shows for the past week. I just knew it was going to happen and I knew I wouldn't have been able to stomach all of the slobbering over the Rams. I get it, they beat the Cowboys but it was only by eight points. It's not like they blew them out.

I am not underestimating the Rams by any stretch, I know they are going to be a very tough opponent even though we are playing at home in the dome. Saints just have to play the type of ball we know they are capable of and they will get the dub.

I believe the reason why most talking heads are picking against us is because of the way we came out flat against Philly last week. Being down 14-0 at home in the playoffs is going to warrant people picking against you. We absolutely cannot afford a similar start like that against the Rams.

It fits into that whole narrative of them being a different team from our first meeting much the same way Philly was touted last week and it was true. I don't believe they underestimated Philly, I just think they needed to shake off a bit of rust. The Rams now have C.J. Anderson and Talib is playing this go around. Also, we just lost Rankins so of course I expected this from the talking heads. Praying for the win so I can listen to the excuses and butthurt feelings on Monday.

I've been watching. And I'm with you about the disrespect.

1. Nate Burleson went on about how Payton brought a stack of money, the Lombardi trophy and said his famous quote. Then went on about how that's not the way to motivate a team. It might reach a few but not the team. And it could come back to bite us. Nate knows our team, but our own Head Coach doesn't have the finger on the pulse of his own team?

2. How do you stop C.J. Anderson and Gurley? Now that the Saints lost Rankins, a player the talking heads never mentioned during the regular season, we are in trouble. How about Rams stopping our own RB duo of Ingram and Kamara?

3. Everybody else's defense. But the Saints defense? Meh.

4, Most give backhanded compliments to the Saints, while picking them to win.

I do not watch sports shows. During the week, pre-game, post game, etc... Nope, can't stand them. They're so predictable. TV version of click-bait. Nothing but hot-takes and over-emotional manufactured drama.

I get more from watching one of Rev's film studies then I'd get from a season of NFLN or ESPN or FOX or any of those cue-card readers. One notch above a reality show, and barely that.

But if it makes you feel better, my theory the past two weeks is that they figure they'll have two weeks to beef up the Saints starting tomorrow night. So might as well use all the material they have on the Eagles and Rams while they have the chance.

Their tune will be different leading up to the superbowl. The split will be closer to 50/50 than it has been for the previous playoff games. Superbowl hype always is.

Post of the week!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom