Ghost of Tsushima (1 Viewer)

So is this a Sony exclusive?

If this is as filled an open world as RDR 2, it could be amazing. But I find the lack a a mini-map kind of weird. I guess you get used to it.

Also, the sword work is wrong. A kanta is a two handed sword.

Last edited:
So is this a Sony exclusive?

If this is as filled an open world as RDR 2, it could be amazing. But I find the lack a a mini-map kind of weird. I guess you get used to it.

Also, the sword work is wrong. A kanta is a two handed sword.

weeb :jpshakehead:

and yes it’s a Sony exclusive

Pretty good so far. Combat is fun and varied. Not hack and slashy. Wind navigation is a cool feature. Looks gorgeous

So, as much as I hate to agree with antipop, this is an excellent game. By far the best thing released this year. (To be fair, I did not play TLOU 2) It's a beautiful game with so much to do.

The combat system is pretty nuanced with different stances that work against different enemies and with twists on the normal evade and parry options you had with games like Assassin's Creed. There is also a stealth option almost all the time. Some missions you have to use it, but it's an option for most fights. But, I usually just charge in. My favorite combat mechanic is the challenge system. When you want into a fight often times you get the option to activate the challenge mode where your samurai can kill with one strike. As you level up you can chain those kills to up to four one strike kills. It can be really important since the combat is more difficult than something like Assassin's Creed. Of course, I'm an old man so those with better reflexes and thumbs may not see it the same.

The controls are excellent. The climbing is perfect. None of the issues that were a little annoyance in Assassin's Creed and Uncharted games.

It's a slow burn kind of story once you get past the early introductory part. Lots of wandering around in beautiful scenery discovering cool little things and climbing. And then that is often punctuated with all out violent fights. It's like playing a Kurosawa movie made into a video game. The atmosphere alone makes this game worth playing but it also has a cool story and good action.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom