Giants and Saints still talking? (1 Viewer)

it's hard to make draft picks, so few are pro bowlers, shockey is and will make our team better, but how much does it cost?, I think if we can trade down we should do it.

I'd lve to have J-Shock on our team, but I think our 2nd RDer is still too much for him (his injuries the past few years). But if we could pull a 3rd this year, and a 3rd next year (with a performance clause that would make it a 2nd) I think that would be the best trade.

I'd lve to have J-Shock on our team, but I think our 2nd RDer is still too much for him (his injuries the past few years). But if we could pull a 3rd this year, and a 3rd next year (with a performance clause that would make it a 2nd) I think that would be the best trade.

funny, doesnt that sound like what we did with vilma.:idunno:

Yes it is, and that's why I see something like that happening. I'd also throw in Josh Bullocks to sugar up the deal a smidge.

the point is you cant trade picks that you wont definately have next year. we might have to give up our 3rd or 2nd next year so we cant touch either until we definately know which one we have to give up.

when do you have a better feeling for reaching the Super Bowl ?

with a Offense ranked #1 and a defense ranked #29
or a offense maybe ranked #5-7 and defense ranked #10-12 ?

for my own , i know the answer , but thats just me

Wow....if that second round rookie can improve a D from 29th to 10th....why is he going in the 2nd?

Vilma , then Morgan - Now Shockey. What's with the recent trend of players from "the U"?

That being said, Id love to add Shockey to our offense if the price isnt too steep. He reminds me of Kyle Turley in a way just at TE. This would add a whole new element to our offense.

Does this mean were drafting Kenny Phillips in the 2nd Round?

Would this be a good deal for shockey?

Our 1st (10th) for Shockey, their 1st (31st) & 2nd (64) plus a conditional pick in 2009 based on performance. Per the trade chart this is a good deal if shockey is given second round value.

With this being a deep draft and considering both Ellis and Dorsey won't be there for us trading down and getting shockey plus an additional pick could be a good move.

Too much smoke here for there not to be a fire.... I will welcome Shockey if/when he becomes a Saint... how we get him is no concern of mine... in Loomis I trust... he has been a trading beast in the past... he gets the benefit of the doubt from me if he makes this happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom