Giants are the #1 defense in the NFL as of today (1 Viewer)

The Jets defense is far better than the Giants.

They have injuries and lost Spagnola(sp?). They can't stop the run and Giants fans think Webster is Revis.

I expect fireworks because right now our secondary is more talented than the Giants and Drew Brees doesn't have off games three weeks straight.

Bell will be back and the Pierce/Bush matchup is a terrible one for NYG.

I think our corners can shut down their undersized overacheiving corners and Sharper can do his thing vs Eli.

The Jets defense is far better than the Giants.

They have injuries and lost Spagnola(sp?). They can't stop the run and Giants fans think Webster is Revis.

I expect fireworks because right now our secondary is more talented than the Giants and Drew Brees doesn't have off games three weeks straight.

Bell will be back and the Pierce/Bush matchup is a terrible one for NYG.

I think our corners can shut down their undersized overacheiving corners and Sharper can do his thing vs Eli.

I agree with everything said here. Took the words right out of my mouth.

More numbers:

Giants

Team avg. PPG (scored): 30.2
Team avg. PPG (defense): 14.2

vs. Redskins...23-17____________Redskins avg. PF/avg. PA:14.6/16.4____Diff (-09)
vs. Cowboys..33-31____________Cowboys avg. PF/avg. PA: 24.4/19.6___Diff (+24)
vs. Bucs........24-0_____________Bucs avg. PF/avg. PA: 13.6/28.0______Diff (-72)
vs. Chiefs......27-16____________Chiefs avg. PF/avg. PA: 16.8/27.6_____Diff (-54)
vs. Raiders.....44-7_____________Raiders avg. PF/avg. PA: 9.8/26.0_____Diff (-81)

SAINTS

Team avg. PPG (scored): 36.0
Team avg. PPG (defense): 16.5

vs. Lions........45-27____________Lions avg. PF/avg. PA: 20.6/32.4______Diff (-59)
vs. Eagles......48-22____________Eagles avg. PF/avg. PA: 31.75/21.5____Diff (+41)
vs. Bills..........27-7_____________Bills avg. PF/avg. PA: 15.4/23.2_______Diff (-39)
vs. Jets.........24-10____________Jets avg. PF/avg. PA: 18.5/14.25______Diff (+17)

Take a look at what the opponent's average points scored was vs. what they actually scored in the game (same for the defense). For instance, the Chiefs had been giving up an average of 27.6 points per game, and the Giants scored 27 points. The Chiefs average 16.8 ppg, and scored 16 on the Giants. Also, the average defense the Cowboys faced did better (avg points surrendered) than the Giants gave up in that game.

I don't see where the Giants are head & shoulders above the Saints. Again, if the Cowboys can score 33 on them (despite Romo turnovers), ... I can see the Saints dropping a 40-burger on the Giants.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
Drew Brees > Cassel, Russell, J Johnson, Romo, Campbell. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .combined.

Saints opponent record: 8-10 (.444%) Without us....combined 8-6 (.571%)

Giants opponent record: 6-19 (.240%) Without the Giants....6-14 (.300%)

So, which team hasn't really played anyone yet???? Oh, and let's not forget....we've played two teams with winning records (Jets .750% and Eagles .750%)and the Giants have played one (Cowboys .600%).

Sorry, but while I do believe the Giants are our best opponent yet, we are CLEARLY the toughest team they have played yet. I don't think they can throw the "we haven't played anyone" junk out there.

WHEN we win this weekend out opponents record will be: 13-11 (.541%) and their opponents record will be: 11-19 (.360%) If that isn't enough to send a message to the rest of the NFL that we are legit, I don't want else we can do. You can't control the schedule, but you can control the outcome. This is a team we should beat and while it will be a tough test...we've still played tougher teams to date than they have.

I think their ability to get to the QB while only rushing 4 will be a problem for us.

Eww, the bills....they scare me....Oh no the jets...a trap game....Yikes, the giants...their defense....

Please......I am enjoying my Saints. 4-0 with great chance to be 5-0. Follow my lead.

I think their ability to get to the QB while only rushing 4 will be a problem for us.

I think that ability is overrated.

The Giants like to blitz their LB's and will need to do so in order to get consistent pressure.

I don't know as much about this year but that was way over hyped last year. Spags used to have them blitz a lot.

the giants look pretty helpless on defense against barber and jones

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d812ca19e/WK-2-Marion-Barber-highlights

jones on the "mike bell" cutback
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d812c960f/Felix-Jones-56-yd-run

hell, even crayton got in on the action.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-co...atrick-Crayton-Highlight-WK-02-vs-Giants-2009

we are going to eat the giants alive on the ground. our offensive line is every bit as powerful as the cowboys and they have very poor linebacker speed to contest plays in space or quick backs to the outside. just like the jets' fan said.

the giants look pretty helpless on defense against barber and jones

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d812ca19e/WK-2-Marion-Barber-highlights

jones on the "mike bell" cutback
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d812c960f/Felix-Jones-56-yd-run

hell, even crayton got in on the action.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-co...atrick-Crayton-Highlight-WK-02-vs-Giants-2009

we are going to eat the giants alive on the ground. our offensive line is every bit as powerful as the cowboys and they have very poor linebacker speed to contest plays in space or quick backs to the outside. just like the jets' fan said.

the thing is there is an easy forumla to beat the giants. jus be a good team. seriosuly. there ebatable with teh run, beatable with teh pass and there offense is good but not great. you faced tougher offense in philly and tougher defenses in philly and NYJ. i'm pretty sure you can hold them to 21 or less and put up 40+ easy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom