Giants are the #1 defense in the NFL as of today (1 Viewer)

Do all Jets fans hate the Giants as much as you?:hihi:

funny thing is i don't hate the giants, i do hate there fans but i don't hate teh giants. i'm just being realistic. only teams i hate is the fins and the pats

Kenny Phillips the starting FS for sure out for the season, I think Michael Boley is out too and someone I'm forgetting.

boley, phillips, and ross are the only missing players on defense
on offense only boss i think, although he might play

I'm curious to who the 36th is? :hihi: (j/k)

the raiders. 4 college teams are better lol. it was a typo. meant 26th.

Jamarcus Russell, Tom Cable, and the Raiders (0-5)
Byron Leftwich and the Bucs (0-5)
Matt Cassell and the Chiefs(0-5)
Jason Campbell, Jim Zorn, and the Redskins (2-3)
Tony Romo and the Cowboys (3-2)

I commend the Giants on the way they handled this part of the schedule, but even they would have to admit that the caliber of competition has been pretty lame. Oakland is an absolute train wreck as is the Bucs, the Redskins are on the verge of imploding, and the Cowboys are struggling mightily to hash out a victory against a very poor KC team.

Perhaps they play this week as the Jets did last week, but I doubt it. Just like I doubt the Saints offense will play as poorly as it has for the last two weeks. The key has been the turnovers our defense has created and our TO differential. This has to continue this week against a solid team in the Giants. The Defense has feasted on lower echelon QB's thus far. Manning marches in and we'll see what 3G can throw at him. I think if the Saints can shut down their run game and force Manning to throw, the Saints will win going away. Not an easy task, but the Saints are pretty stout against the run (#2). Of course getting up on the Giants and controlling the clock would help. I like the Saints/Giants matchups better than I did the Jets/Saints matchups. The Saints have historically had favorable matchups with the Giants much like the Cowboys. I like the Saints to win big at home this week putting up a complete game much like the Cowboys game in Dallas three years ago.

This game will be awfully tough but assuming Brees has his rhythm we will put up points.

We have to play Saints Dome GAME and not get into a Jets sort of a game (That was the right game plan for that match up).

We can and should score early against the Giants and get into a Cowboys vs Giants sort of high scoring. IMO, that gives us a better shot at winning against them. We have to score a lot of points in this game.

Dictate the game plan so that their offense has to beat our offense and we will win bec. our offense is better than theirs.

As incredible as it may seem, the Raiders HAVE won a game this year. They beat the Chiefs 13-10 back on September 20.

I commend the Giants on the way they handled this part of the schedule, but even they would have to admit that the caliber of competition has been pretty lame. Oakland is an absolute train wreck as is the Bucs, the Redskins are on the verge of imploding, and the Cowboys are struggling mightily to hash out a victory against a very poor KC team.

Perhaps they play this week as the Jets did last week, but I doubt it. Just like I doubt the Saints offense will play as poorly as it has for the last two weeks. The key has been the turnovers our defense has created and our TO differential. This has to continue this week against a solid team in the Giants. The Defense has feasted on lower echelon QB's thus far. Manning marches in and we'll see what 3G can throw at him. I think if the Saints can shut down their run game and force Manning to throw, the Saints will win going away. Not an easy task, but the Saints are pretty stout against the run (#2). Of course getting up on the Giants and controlling the clock would help. I like the Saints/Giants matchups better than I did the Jets/Saints matchups. The Saints have historically had favorable matchups with the Giants much like the Cowboys. I like the Saints to win big at home this week putting up a complete game much like the Cowboys game in Dallas three years ago.
Good points, we agree on the level of comp and I also would point out that fact that Sharper has 4 picks off of Eli in 2 of the last 3 games he played him. Granted 1 was his rookie year, but he had 3 in '97 (SB year) one 92 yds for a td, so hopefully he keeps it up.

And people in the media bag on our schedule. Sheesh, what a bunch of garbage the Gints have played.

Hawkeye Saint -- I'm also from Iowa, and a huge Hawkeye's fan.

I see Payton going right after the Giants pass D this week. He's been known to do this. He goes right after the strength of the opposing team....some kind of sadistic ego trip maybe, but....who cares. It seems to work, as it's what they're LEAST expecting us to do.

Yeah... after playing such offensive juggernauts like Washington, Tampa, KC and Oakland... I could see how they accomplished that.

The Giants have great lines up front, but I think the Jets may end up being the better defense all said and done. The rankings are suspect, as many have pointed out.. and the Giants are going to be missing some big play-makers on D, and I see some of the key match-ups favoring us. This will be our toughest game of the season on paper, because they are complete, but anything can happen on Sunday. We will still be tested by New England, and ATL but this game has me the most concerned.

This is kinda like saying you're undefeated becuase the season hasnt started, I mean come on, they played the Raiders, KC, and Tampa Bay?

Teams like that make anyone's numbers look good. I hope the G-Men are over-confident this sunday, Breesus and Co will light them up.

I ain't worried I got a feeling Brees hits his week 2 numbers. They may be #1 but they haven't exactly faced any offenses. The Jets and Eagles defense are much better.

I hate going by schedules because a win is a win in the nfl but.....................

the cowgirl wins have come against TB, KC, and Carolina...............the cowgirls suck

the foreskins wins have come against STL and TB by a total of 5 points.

In other words, they literally haven't played a team with one quality win on their schedule. What gets me is that we always have to hear how great the nfc least is even when the numbers prove otherwise.

In the interest of fairness, most Pop Warner teams would also have the top-ranked defense against the teams the Giants have played.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom