Giants coach McAdoo is the exact opposite of Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
If there one thing that Sean Payton is famous for. Is all his different personnel groupings, formations and packages. With different plays for each RB, WR, and TE has there, where no WR, RB and TE ever plays a high total of the snaps.

McAdoo not so much, the Giants after 5 games have run almost every snap this year with 1RB, 3WR and 1TE. With Beckham on the left, Sheperd in the slot and Cruz on the right. the only player the change are is switching a RB or A TE

Giants 324 plays
1RB, 3WR, 1TE-311 Snaps (96 percent)
1RB, 2WR, 2TE- 6 Snaps
1RB, 4WR, 0TE- 2 Snaps
0RB, 4WR, 1TE- 2 Snaps
1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Extra OL -2 Snaps
1RB, 1WR, 3TE -1 Snaps

Snaps for there WR
Beckham 323 99.9%
Cruz 317 97.8 %
Shepard 308 95.1 %
Harris 11
King 8

I think Sean Payton would go crazy if he ran the same group on every play.

Much like with our offense spreading the ball around. I doubt it's as much by design as you think.

The Giants have a serious issue with their other skill positions besides WR.

The Colts ran their offense quite a bit during their really good years. I don't see an issue with it as long as it works, just another way of doing things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The Colts ran their offense quite a bit during their really good years. I don't see an issue with it as long as it works, just another way of doing things.

The one x-factor for the Colts was Dallas Clark, when the Colts want 2TE could spilit out wide in the slot and was like a 3rd WR.

But i also think that hurt the Colts in the playoff alot when they faced better teams like the Pats. Had they done different stuff like putting Marvin Harrison in the backfield, using formation with a 6th offensive lineman or other stuff would have helped them out, instead of Wayne on the left and Harrison on the right on almost every snap.

I wish we'd rotate our running backs a little less; that's my only complaint about our personnel groupings.

Make Ingram the main back and only take him out if he is tired.

I wish we'd rotate our running backs a little less; that's my only complaint about our personnel groupings.

Agreed. Or at least give them a quarter or a drive to get them warmed up and in sync.

Ben McAdoo looks like the dad that says his unathletic son didn't make the freshman baseball team due to "politics".

I completely agree. Let Ingram get in a rhythm for goodness sakes. I can't tell you how often Ingram breaks a 10 yard run...only to be called off the field. Having a RB like Ingram who can run, receive, and block is incredibly valuable. It creates mismatches in itself. If we had three WRs, a TE, and a RB who all contribute to the rushing and passing game...there is no reason to shuffle in inferior players behind them unless they are tired.

Having a TE who could block and receive would be a very valuable commodity for the Saints. That is really the only missing piece of the puzzle in regards to offensive skilled personnel. Unfortunately the Saints have a ton of money tied to Fleener...but the guy can't block and doesn't have the receiving ability to make up for it. If the Saints were to go after offense in the draft next year...it has to be QB, TE, and OL.

The one x-factor for the Colts was Dallas Clark, when the Colts want 2TE could spilit out wide in the slot and was like a 3rd WR.

But i also think that hurt the Colts in the playoff alot when they faced better teams like the Pats. Had they done different stuff like putting Marvin Harrison in the backfield, using formation with a 6th offensive lineman or other stuff would have helped them out, instead of Wayne on the left and Harrison on the right on almost every snap.
Agree with you 100% I was just saying they had a lot of success with it. One advantage that I found it to offer is it did not give away run vs pass.

They also had Edgerin James, one of the most underrated RBs in the 2000's. Seriously, look at his career numbers with Indy, he was straight money behind that O-Line with Peyton calling the audibles

In a hurry up, no huddle offense there is a benefit to keeping the same personnel grouping on the field. But in a regular tempo offense, using the same formation just makes things easier for the defense not having to substitute.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom