Giants fans are cocky (1 Viewer)

Brees is good but he wont be able to keep up with Eli with our pass rush in his face every down and our DBs. I dont know if any1 has noticed..but Eli is not the same Eli...somethign is diff about him this year..he has truly arrived.
I tihnk in the next few weeks youll be hearing less of brees and more of eli lol.
You really only hear about Brees when Manning or Brady are mentioned. I think Eli gets a lot more media than Brees.

We won't see Crestor after Sunday, what he needs to do along with that vocal irrational segment of Giants fans is to quit discounting Brees, our Defense, and making out how we have played nobody to discount their "cream puff" schedule, and get on with making up excuses for the loss on Sunday.

There is some cockyness but mostly they are uniformed and know little to nothing about the Saints. They have bit and pieces of information but for the most part are poorly informed. They'll learn the hard way........

come on guys, this is the saints we're talking about. We will win this game and then go get blown out by miami next week in typical saints fashion.

come on guys, this is the saints we're talking about. We will win this game and then go get blown out by miami next week in typical saints fashion.

And that's what's made the Payton era Saints different from Saints teams of the past. I can't remember a single instance when the recent Saints have played down to the level of an opponent.

Refreshing and unnerving all at the same time, as I've been traumatized for so long.

Seems they think that they will scoring 30+ points on us and hold us under 20.

We'll just have to let them boast about how great they are and see what happens on Sunday. If we beat them, expect the normal excuses that everyone throws out there...

WHAT?! Another team's fans are biased about their predictions regarding the outcome of a game involving their team?! This is REAL news right here!

Okay. So we're seeing the same "game plans" we've heard before. Basically it boils down to keeping us off the field. Which is hysterical. They've given up believing they can stop us for the long haul. It's all about being scared that the Saints O WILL score while on the field. I mean, we've had a good O for a while but the weakness obviously could be exploited.

Now, the D is still such a new creature that most fans aren't even aware they should be "game planning" against that, too. Ain't it cool?

Saints 48
Giants 13

The last 10 minutes of the game, prepare to see Mark Brunell leading us down the field whereupon we will be in victory formation for the last 4 minutes of the game, actually trying NOT to score.

A pretty realistic (but confident) fan here:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/permalink/1497822/1499065/ShowThread.aspx#1499065

In spite of all the optimism here (which I cautiously share), we do have to acknowledge that the Saints are the most balanced team (pass, rush, overall defense) the Giants will have faced this year so far.

It's their vast improvement in their run game, and their defense, that makes them look better than last year--again, so far--not Brees.

It obviously is going to be the Giants' biggest test yet.

And, not that past trends guarantee anything at all, but I like the fact that Eli is outrageous in domes (8-1, I think?), and that over past several years, the G Men have a terrific record vs teams coming off their respective bye weeks.

Good reasons for optimism, but would be sheer foolishness to assume any particular result, imo. THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!

Optimistic, but not cocky. That's what all of us should be too. These are two good teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom