Giants game should answer a lot. (1 Viewer)

A variation of the "Am I the only one concerned........." threads that will come when we get to 4-1 and beyond..

Saints 31 Giants 10
No comment, it's a trap and Daniel jones is sneaky fast.

They’re desperate for a win and the Saints are coming off a win. But I think it being the delayed home opener will give the Saints an extra bit of juice emotionally to not have a let down.

If Rojas nails those FGs, the entire dynamic of the game is changed. I think belecheat decides to go for it on fourth down, rather than kicking the second FG. With the D playing like they were, it could've been a LOT more lopsided than it was.
In addition, if the refs call the neutral zone infraction like they should have instead of a false start (on the 4th and 1 or 2 IIRC), I believe we might have gone on to score on that drive.

I see it as a trap game given the circumstances of the Giants, but I also see a full dome (WITH A CLEAN ROOF 😂) I’m over a year, full of fans, as a major plus for us. NY will be playing against two factors. If they choose to give up the ghost to rid themselves of their HC, I don’t have a problem with that either.

The WFT and Clowns are not the measuring sticks you think they are. Those teams are so bad they are measured in soundings or how close to the bottom they are...

We stand at 2-1. The teams we played are 2-1, 3-0, and 1-2. All on the road. That's quite encouraging, especially with the injury bug/coaches out.

The Giants are a Team we should beat soundly and it's our home opener. Im expecting to see the offense opened up a little bit more, but too substantial.

Here we go...
I thought the Patriots game answered a lot.

this is anecdotal observation, but from what i've seen, SP struggles against 2 things - other worldly linebackers or very bad defenses - it seems if a defense is so bad/undisciplined that you can't scheme what they are going to do then he struggles with playcalling
again, just anecdotal
You cannot defeat their strategy if they don't have one!

I'm fully expecting a strong defensive showing as we'll be back in the Dome for the first time in forever. It will be rocking!

I'm more curious to see if we can play faster and establish ourselves on offense when we're back on our own turf. Have we even played a game on turf at all this year? A strong offensive showing at home will do alot for this team's confidence

I have a couple friends who are die-hard Giants fans. Their offense is really bad. And that was before losing Shepard and Slayton to injuries.

They also just lost LB Blake Martinez, to an ACL tear.

There are no sure things in the NFL, obviously. But unless we come out and turn it over a ton, I can’t see us losing this game, playing in front of our fans for the first time in almost two years.
1 year, 8 months, 28 days to be exact. 2 days shy of 21 months.

In addition, if the refs call the neutral zone infraction like they should have instead of a false start (on the 4th and 1 or 2 IIRC), I believe we might have gone on to score on that drive.

That call bothered me, like it was a terrible miss, how do they make very good close calls and miss such an obvious one....

Every game is its own story, I never predict a Saints win (or loss)....just see what happens....

That call bothered me, like it was a terrible miss, how do they make very good close calls and miss such an obvious one....

Every game is its own story, I never predict a Saints win (or loss)....just see what happens....
I seriously don't understand how they missed that one. I don't understand how we seem to be on the wrong side of obvious calls, just egregious calls and it's consistent.

I seriously don't understand how they missed that one. I don't understand how we seem to be on the wrong side of obvious calls, just egregious calls and it's consistent.

I'm not too distraught about it....but it is a bit disconcerting....

N.O -8 O/U: 43.5 Saints 74% chance to win

Not looking at this, not sleeping on Giants. Not up to me Saints can't sleep on them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom