Giants GM non-committal about Shockey? (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
"Giants GM Jerry Reese was non-committal when asked about Jeremy Shockey's status Thursday.

Reese confirmed the Giants were offered a deal. The Newark Star-Ledger believes New York made a counter, which shows Shockey is hardly untouchable. A draft day deal would be a surprise, but it still seems possible."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantasy Football - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Hmmmmmm...looks like Shockey could be on his way out.

the only thing new about that post, is that the GM was un commital about shockeys status..
what's new about that.. we already know we made an offer for a 2nd.. but they countered with a 2nd plus harper.

The more I think about it, the more I'm confused about him. As a player, I love his fire and desire to win. But the reality is, he's coming off a broken leg and going into to his 8th season. For some reason, I'm just not sure that in itself warrants a 2nd round pick and a player.

One part of me thinks I'd feel alot better spending the pick on another young TE and keeping Harper around. Because defense is our biggest problem, why would you get rid of one our smartest DEF guys to gain another TE?

Then flip side thinks having Shockey gives us the flexibility of releasing 2 TE we already have on the roster. He'd bring us to 6 total TE and we could use those 2 roster spots to help in other areas. Imagine Shockey, Miller, Colston, Reggie and Deuce all on the field togther. YIKES!!

Jeez......the draft can't get here soon enough!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom