Giants look to be in a slump as well... (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Funny.

A few weeks ago it was Chicago, us, and New York.

Now, it's Chicago, Dallas, and Carolina.

Bottom line is mostly every team goes through slumps, it's part of the game. Unless you're really, really good.

So hopefully, our boys can bounce back Sunday and pound on ATL's miseries.

In the meantime, get ready for ESPN, the channel notorious for jumping on team's bandwagons week by week, to predict Carolina-Dallas NFC Championship games.

Last edited:
Whats interesting to think about, and maybe someone can produce some stats on this to validate my thinking,(because I have no idea where to look) is that the AFC seems to be pounding the snot out of the NFC teams week to week. Our team included.

AFC > NFC easily.

But the Giants have brought the lead down to 3.

Did I speak too soon?

AFC >>>>> NFC top to bottom.

The Giants are also very very injured. They are missing 2 OL and 2 DL... 1 WR and 1 LB......

Tell you what our db's couldn't even make third string on the jags d.

P.S. Payton get a suit!!!!

If we catch the Giants/manning playing like they did last night-we beat em.

If we catch the Giants/manning playing like they did last night-we beat em.

I hope we catch them on fire. We never beat teams in slumps. Its getting ridiculous. First it was under Haz. Now Payton too.

I remember thinking "man we are catchign these guys at a great time, they are playign terrible" about the ravens, carolina, pitt, and the bengals. Sure enough we lost all those games against teams coming off losing streaks.

I'm not sure if I should be relieved that the Saints are still tied for 2nd in the conference after blowing consecutive games, or PO'ed that they could easily be 8-2 and 2 games up on the bye.

Whats interesting to think about, and maybe someone can produce some stats on this to validate my thinking,(because I have no idea where to look) is that the AFC seems to be pounding the snot out of the NFC teams week to week. Our team included.

The teams at the bottom of the AFC seem to be better than the top teams in the NFC. We've seen that first hand with Pittsburgh. A about 8 or 9 years ago the NFC used to be the better conference. I wonder what causes one conference to be so much better than the other conference. Its a fair playing field, its not like one conference has an advantage when it comes to getting coaches, players, etc.

Only four of the 16 AFC teams are under .500 vs the NFC this year:

Denver 0-1
Oakland and Cleveland 1-2
Houston 0-4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom