Giants O-line?? (1 Viewer)

saintszks

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
im curious to know how good that line is?? how are they in not only run blocking but pass blocking?? eli is a damn good qb and i dont want that guy to have 4-5 secs to throw the ball...

probably the bets in the NFL. they only have 1 standout but they've played over 40 games together and as a unit are the best in teh NFL. in run and pass support. eli is always sitting in the pocket and last year 3 RBs averaged 5+ YPC and 2 of them broke 1000. there o-line makes eli and the RBs seem better then they are

probably the bets in the NFL. they only have 1 standout but they've played over 40 games together and as a unit are the best in teh NFL. in run and pass support. eli is always sitting in the pocket and last year 3 RBs averaged 5+ YPC and 2 of them broke 1000. there o-line makes eli and the RBs seem better then they are

Pretty much. Many classify them in the elite group. If Eli didn't have that O-Line, he'd be trash IMO.

The o-line for the Giants are indeed their strongest position on that team. Eli MAnning wasn't even touched in the Giants game in Dallas. We will have our work cut out for us up front. What was surprising to me was this last game against the Chiefs. They didn't have their best game against them, but they still protected Eli well. I think they gave up a sack or two. Not 100% sure. Eli did get a lot of pressure in the second half or that game.

chris snee is in the top 5 guards in the league right now and shaun o'hara is one of the better centers in the league

all together their line is something we should be worried about on both sides of the ball.....eli has only been sacked twice even tho he already has 179 passing attempts

he has enough time to make the tough decisions and he will pull it down and run if his WRs arent open.....his line gives him ample time to do all of that and brandon jacobs is going to be an issue against our defense that has had tackling issues in the past

chris snee is in the top 5 guards in the league right now and shaun o'hara is one of the better centers in the league

all together their line is something we should be worried about on both sides of the ball.....eli has only been sacked twice even tho he already has 179 passing attempts

he has enough time to make the tough decisions and he will pull it down and run if his WRs arent open.....his line gives him ample time to do all of that and brandon jacobs is going to be an issue against our defense that has had tackling issues in the past

We're supposed to get Clancy back for this game, and we're going to need him in the rotation to help slow their running attack down. If they are ripping off 5 or 6 yards per carry against our D, they are going to have success against us. It'll be interesting to see how GW schemes them. I think he'll definitely bring Harper up in the box, but the Giants have better receivers than expected as well as a very good QB and our D can't isolate on the run to the degree they did against NYJ. Eli's progress has surprised me, but it's undeniable. I think our offense is going to have to help out by sustaining drives and scoring touchdowns against the Giants. We can't whiff on short yardage or just move the ball between the 20s. I think we'll have more success passing in this game because even though Webster is a good corner, the Giants don't have any shutdown corners, and Brees and Payton will figure out how to beat their pass rush. I think our offense will be fine, and I like the progress of our ST. This is going to be a fun game to watch to see GW at his best against the D's stiffest test thus far. One thing I have especially like about our D this season is that they get tougher when the other team gets in the redzone. Let's see if the D can shut down the Giants a couple of times inside our 20.

Very accurate comments by all.You guys do know your football.The biggest problem I have with our offense is when we get in the red zone Gilbride(OC) and coughlin get too Damn!! conservative and predictable.

man i cant wait for this game...this is gonna be fuuuun to watch...i hope our D line can bring some pressure especially from the interior...if we ever counted on Ellis this is the game..he needs to make Eli as uncomfortable as he can in the pocket....

jacobs is overrated becuase the line is so good. he is averging less then 4 YPC this year. by far. he is at 3.6 only 1 game out of 4 was he better then 4YPC and it was against the cheifs

I have to say that I haven't seen any Giants games this year, but Dallas being one and KC being another don't exactly impress me, and if that Giant O-Line gave up a sack and a lot of pressure as stated by another poster, I'm not too concerned cause we haven't seen anything yet from GW. Brandon Jacobs is a monster RB, but we've played some serious RB's to date this year and haven't allowed a 100yd. rusher yet. That may very well end next week but I think we've got a lil something for the Giants.

Now, Giants fans can say that Detroit and Buffalo don't really impress them either but have the Giants faced the Eagles or the Jets? I think the Jets would give the G-Men a very stiff test and our defense out did the Jets last week.

I think it's going to be another really good game but I don't see the Giants holding us down in the dome and I also don't look for another low scoring outing by Brees and Co. I don't have a prediction yet but will next Wed. and so far I'm 4-0 too.

This is very true, Jetsfan115. But may I suggest borrowing a page from your team's repertoire......how good is that Giants OL, when we overload a side, and just like the Jets did against the Titans, come at them with everything we got?!......after all the Titans OL is very close to the Giants OL...yet they were overwhelmed by the relentless pressure.

I expect GW to bring in the house on the Giants offense. The key to success is stopping the run, and blitz the crap out of Eli and that super OL....I think we'll find success confusing Eli, and Darren Sharper might get some freebies as well....

im curious to know how good that line is?? how are they in not only run blocking but pass blocking?? eli is a damn good qb and i dont want that guy to have 4-5 secs to throw the ball...

They're good, but the Jets were supposed to be good too with 3 first round picks.

I think with the "attitude" our D line is playing with now, and playing in the LOUD Dome, even the best O line will be tested and tested often against these Saints.

jacobs is overrated becuase the line is so good. he is averging less then 4 YPC this year. by far. he is at 3.6 only 1 game out of 4 was he better then 4YPC and it was against the cheifs

while jacobs may be overrated a tid bit as an overall running back.....i pointed out that we have been known to struggle wrapping up on tackles and brandon jacobs is the best in the league at breaking arm tackles.....dont overlook size and power

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom