Giants prepare for Packers outdoors; Saints prepared for Bears Indoors (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting that the high at Lambeau Sunday will be around 4 degrees! Brrrr!

Last edited:

Saint LesPaul

axe slinger
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If it's 4 degrees outside I struggle to check the mail. I can't imagine running and sweating in those conditions. But I do think it would make a difference to practice in some of the same elements you will be facing on gameday.

Has anyone here ever full out sprinted in weather that cold? I bet it feels like the only drag I ever took off a Newport king.....

rob021275

Reaction score
Interesting that the high at Lambeau Sunday will be around 4 degrees! Brrrr!
And that's the high...the game starts at 5:30 p.m. Of course, the low is only two degrees lower.

If I was the Giants, I'd almost want to play New England instead. It'll be a balmy 24 there.

FWIW, It'll be a "cool" 68 in my living room.

Danchrism

Reaction score
If it's 4 degrees outside I struggle to check the mail. I can't imagine running and sweating in those conditions. But I do think it would make a difference to practice in some of the same elements you will be facing on gameday.

Has anyone here ever full out sprinted in weather that cold? I bet it feels like the only drag I ever took off a Newport king.....
Yes, to catch a train at that. Thank goodness it was very warm inside the cabin, otherwise I may have died. I always say I'm too southern for the cold, yet I'd love to return to Chicago if the opportunity afforded itself.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Doubtful. There was no helping our defense this year.
As long as we were going to go pass happy on that mucky field, it probably didn't make a difference. The Bears are good at forcing turnovers and turnovers were one of the differences in the game.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've walked down to our version of 7-11 in -10 with no probs. The wind wasn't brisk, though. The temp for the Pats game could dip into the teens, with a wind chill of 0. I can't deal with anything over 90, so would prefer the cold to that.

Last edited:

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Once in Fargo, ND the mean temp was 10 below with a 50 mph wind blowing that put the wind chill at least -40, I thought my ears were going to fall off and my lungs explode. I only jogged about 200 yds into the truck stop from my truck.

Saint LesPaul

axe slinger
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Once in Fargo, ND the mean temp was 10 below with a 50 mph wind blowing that put the wind chill at least -40, I thought my ears were going to fall off and my lungs explode. I only jogged about 200 yds into the truck stop from my truck.
Thats sorta what I thought... taking air that cold into your lungs under exertion must be painful. You are lucky you didn't trip and fall in those 200 yds... you could have sacrificed your extremities.

Neekie2212

Reaction score
New Orleans(home);Pineville (temporary);Lafayette(
Ya can't compare January New York to January New Orleans. IIRC, the week leading up to the NFCCG it wasn't lower than 50.

I agreed with Payton's decision to have practice indoors. His emphasis was ball protection, feild position etc. The Saints faild at all those in the NFCCG. The Saints didn't fail at weather.

Also, why run the risk of getting players sick? JMHO.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thats sorta what I thought... taking air that cold into your lungs under exertion must be painful. You are lucky you didn't trip and fall in those 200 yds... you could have sacrificed your extremities.
I seem to recall the Bolts and Bengals playing in similar conditions during a playoff game,back in the day.

Danchrism

Reaction score
I agreed with Payton's decision to have practice indoors. His emphasis was ball protection, feild position etc. The Saints faild at all those in the NFCCG. The Saints didn't fail at weather.
You don't think these things were affected by weather (i.e., cold, hard, slippery footballs), do you?

The only way to simulate that is to have an ice bath full of footballs, and the effect lasts all of a play, two maybe.

The first time I witnessed snow in Illinois, I "covered up" in a leather jacket, medium-weight gloves, and shell-toe adidas. Needless to say, I felt like **** the entire night. Eventually I smartened up and bought appropriate gear, and while I never really took well to the cold, at least I was better prepared to deal with it. Having even a few days to somewhat simulate the weather conditions could not have possibly hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom