Giants prepare for Packers outdoors; Saints prepared for Bears Indoors (1 Viewer)

Interesting that the high at Lambeau Sunday will be around 4 degrees! Brrrr!

Last edited:
If it's 4 degrees outside I struggle to check the mail. I can't imagine running and sweating in those conditions. But I do think it would make a difference to practice in some of the same elements you will be facing on gameday.

Has anyone here ever full out sprinted in weather that cold? I bet it feels like the only drag I ever took off a Newport king.....

As a Southern Miss grad and Favre fan, I am going to the game. I am a Saints fan first though.

If it's 4 degrees outside I struggle to check the mail. I can't imagine running and sweating in those conditions. But I do think it would make a difference to practice in some of the same elements you will be facing on gameday.

Has anyone here ever full out sprinted in weather that cold? I bet it feels like the only drag I ever took off a Newport king.....

Yes, to catch a train at that. Thank goodness it was very warm inside the cabin, otherwise I may have died. I always say I'm too southern for the cold, yet I'd love to return to Chicago if the opportunity afforded itself.

Doubtful. There was no helping our defense this year.

As long as we were going to go pass happy on that mucky field, it probably didn't make a difference. The Bears are good at forcing turnovers and turnovers were one of the differences in the game.

I've walked down to our version of 7-11 in -10 with no probs. The wind wasn't brisk, though. The temp for the Pats game could dip into the teens, with a wind chill of 0. I can't deal with anything over 90, so would prefer the cold to that.

Last edited:

Once in Fargo, ND the mean temp was 10 below with a 50 mph wind blowing that put the wind chill at least -40, I thought my ears were going to fall off and my lungs explode. I only jogged about 200 yds into the truck stop from my truck.

Once in Fargo, ND the mean temp was 10 below with a 50 mph wind blowing that put the wind chill at least -40, I thought my ears were going to fall off and my lungs explode. I only jogged about 200 yds into the truck stop from my truck.

Thats sorta what I thought... taking air that cold into your lungs under exertion must be painful. You are lucky you didn't trip and fall in those 200 yds... you could have sacrificed your extremities.

Ya can't compare January New York to January New Orleans. IIRC, the week leading up to the NFCCG it wasn't lower than 50.

I agreed with Payton's decision to have practice indoors. His emphasis was ball protection, feild position etc. The Saints faild at all those in the NFCCG. The Saints didn't fail at weather.

Also, why run the risk of getting players sick? JMHO.

Thats sorta what I thought... taking air that cold into your lungs under exertion must be painful. You are lucky you didn't trip and fall in those 200 yds... you could have sacrificed your extremities.
I seem to recall the Bolts and Bengals playing in similar conditions during a playoff game,back in the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom