Giants RB Jacobs resenting Bradshaw's success? (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Slowed Brandon Jacobs moans as Ahmad Bradshaw runs wild for New York Giants
BY Ralph Vacchiano
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Wednesday, October 14th 2009

Brandon Jacobs appears to be having a crisis of confidence. So it's a good thing for the Giants that their No.1 running back is still doing OK. While Jacobs has spent much of the first five weeks trying to figure out what's wrong, Ahmad Bradshaw has been showing everyone what's right with the Giants' still-powerful, fourth-ranked rushing attack...

...The problem has gotten so bad for Jacobs, who signed a four-year, $25 million contract extension in February, that he admitted the comparisons to Bradshaw are beginning to wear on him...
More...
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f.../2009-10-14_brandon_jacobs.html#ixzz0TyMdMaNl

I... don't have the stats myself and everyone is expecting...
We... keep winning...

shut your mouth, carry the ball into a mass of people who want to kill you... and don't worry about what the talking heads say. if you're winning you're doing your job

jacobs = overrated. everyone loves his size and speed, but he isn't a good RB. he has the luxury of a great o-line and once he gets rolling he can plow over DBs for nice highlights but really he sin't taht impressive. he has no moves, doens't make people miss, and can't plow people until he gets a head of steam (no accellaration) all eh has is size and doens't know how to use it. bradshaw is way more impressive.

reminds me alot of the jets RBs. TJ is way bigger then leon but goes down every time he is touched. leon might be small but he fights for yards and has break away speed.

bradshaw should start and BJ should be an overpaid back-up

As long as we win, I don't care if Bradshaw has a confidence crisis or an identity crisis and believes himself to be anyone from the Mad Hatter to the Queen of England.

jacobs = overrated. everyone loves his size and speed, but he isn't a good RB. he has the luxury of a great o-line and once he gets rolling he can plow over DBs for nice highlights but really he sin't taht impressive. he has no moves, doens't make people miss, and can't plow people until he gets a head of steam (no accellaration) all eh has is size and doens't know how to use it. bradshaw is way more impressive.

reminds me alot of the jets RBs. TJ is way bigger then leon but goes down every time he is touched. leon might be small but he fights for yards and has break away speed.

bradshaw should start and BJ should be an overpaid back-up

False, I was Jacob's Quarterback AT assumption highschool, and the guy could do it all.

"He can bounce around in those little creases and cracks and make a lot of big plays," Jacobs said. "Do I have the ability to do that? Yes. (But) if I try to make plays like that, because I'm 265pounds I'm not supposed to be doing that. 'Get up there. Hit into somebody.' That's what people want to see me do. If I don't do it, I get criticized. If I do it, I get criticized. I can't win.

"Right now my stats aren't very good and people want to know why. That's why," Jacobs added. "I have the ability to make plays with my feet, but when I try to, it's the worst thing. I'm scum of the earth when I do that."

"Right now my stats aren't very good and people want to know why. That's why," Jacobs added. "I have the ability to make plays with my feet, but when I try to, it's the worst thing. I'm scum of the earth when I do that."

Wow did Jacobs really say that? That really sounds like a frustrated player to me.

There are a couple of things working against Jacobs being a feature back. His size makes him wear out early, imo. Also he seeks out contact- and when you mix that with his upright running style- it's almost a guaranteed injury every season.

There are a couple of things working against Jacobs being a feature back. His size makes him wear out early, imo. Also he seeks out contact- and when you mix that with his upright running style- it's almost a guaranteed injury every season.

:smilielol::spit: @ your avatar!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom