Giants Reportedly Trading 1st Round Pick for DeAngelo Hall (1 Viewer)

Sad to see him go, I am gonna miss him taking bad gambles and lettting our WR's get behind him for big yds.

You mean like JD?

For the Giants, this could be a good move. Their secondary is not as good as advertised even though they really stepped up in the playoffs. Who would he replace? Webster or Ross? Webster, I think.

I feel as though no player at #10 would help us as much as Hall would... but why not call Al Davis and offer him our #1 for Nnamdi? I like Hall, but we can do better...

Nnamdi or however you say his name is not worth a 1st round pick, not many players are.

No thanks, I'd rather watch JD get burned 400 times next year, then see Dhall making plays in Saints uni.

I really think you are highly exagerating. I'd bet for a second if we had Hall on our team and he brought us to a superbowl you'd jump back on his bandwagon.

The way I look at it is, if you want to draft a CB, who in the draft would be better than Hall? I mean, whatever pick you have, who is there that can come in, compete, and be ready before Hall. I'd give up a late rd pick for him in a heartbeat. So why not see if you can work out a 3 team deal. Trade down for more picks and trade that mid 1st rd pick for Hall. That way you have a legitimate CB and more picks. Now, the main question would be, do you want DeAngelo Hall on your team?

Hall is not some once in decade CB talent. He has grossly underachieved since his 2005 season and gotten by on atheletic ability alone the majority of time. I'd much rather take a CB at 10 then trade that for Hall, who is also a loose cannon on the field.

The Falcons have had a pretty good pass rush these past 2 years also and good Safeties, so I don't buy that his struggles are just because the Falcons aren't good.

DeAngelo Hall sucks guys... He's one of (if not THE) most over-rated players in the NFL. He's a "me" type of player that gets burned on a regular basis, and doesn't really care so long as he still gets his Pro-Bowl votes. The guy is a turd, and I don't want to have to see him in a Saints uni ever.

Ok, he's still better than anything CB on the Saints, and probably better than anyone they will acquire this year, through free agency or the draft.

I really can't see how some of our own fans have this uppity mentality when our defense was so gawd-awful this past year. We aren't entitled to necessarily get any players that are better than D-Hall.

That would be a steal of epic proportion and the Giants would become even more dangerous in the NFC.

This would also kill the Saints chances of getting into the bid, because I doubt they want to part with the 10th pick.

DeAngelo Hall sucks guys... He's one of (if not THE) most over-rated players in the NFL. He's a "me" type of player that gets burned on a regular basis, and doesn't really care so long as he still gets his Pro-Bowl votes. The guy is a turd, and I don't want to have to see him in a Saints uni ever.

I'm not so sure, DWD. Whoever lands him may get a player that did his foolishness in Atlanta and is now a bit more mature. As well as more experienced. I'm not a fan of his antics, but would love to gamble on him. Ironhead gave Mora fits and a lot of attitude, but admitted later that Mora was right. So we got the "learning phase" Ironhead and other teams after got the maturer, grounded version of him.

I like the give our first and get Atlanta's second for Hall someone proposed. If it would fly.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure, DWD. Whoever lands him may get a player that did his foolishness in Atlanta and is not a bit more mature. As well as more experienced. I'm not a fan of his antics, but would love to gamble on him. Ironhead gave Mora fits and a lot of attitude, but admitted later that Mora was right. So we got the "learning phase" Ironhead and other teams after got the maturer, grounded version of him.

I like the give our first and get Atlanta's second for Hall someone proposed. If it would fly.

Great point. Even Brett Farve was a troublemaker in ATL. You have to consider where these guys are playing.

#31st overall is about right for DeAngelo, provided they have some idea about what his contract demands will be and are comfortable with that.

I really can't see how some of our own fans have this uppity mentality when our defense was so gawd-awful this past year. We aren't entitled to necessarily get any players that are better than D-Hall.

The Saints CB situation is completely irrelevant to this :shrug:

DeAngelo Hall isn't close to being worth a #10 overall and the Falcons wouldn't trade him in division for the #42 overall when they have an offer for the #31 overall. We don't factor into this.

The Saints CB situation is completely irrelevant to this :shrug:

DeAngelo Hall isn't close to being worth a #10 overall and the Falcons wouldn't trade him in division for the #42 overall when they have an offer for the #31 overall. We don't factor into this.

You think they'll restructure and pay him if they do make the trade or let him play a year on his current contract?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom