Giants Reportedly Trading 1st Round Pick for DeAngelo Hall (1 Viewer)

The Saints CB situation is completely irrelevant to this :shrug:

DeAngelo Hall isn't close to being worth a #10 overall and the Falcons wouldn't trade him in division for the #42 overall when they have an offer for the #31 overall. We don't factor into this.

And I said as much in my post on the first page.:dunno:

I was just commenting on how so many of our fellow fans have this elitist fan attitude like we will somehow get the best players, and that our team is too good for the likes of Deangelo Hall.

You think they'll restructure and pay him if they do make the trade or let him play a year on his current contract?

No idea. I assume prior to any trade however they were allowed to talk to him and figured that all out with him to their mutual satisfaction beforehand. If not, they're stupid.

I haven't seen where Hall is really that good. Let the Giants trade a 1st rounder for him. Where does all the hype around this guy come from?

I haven't seen where Hall is really that good. Let the Giants trade a 1st rounder for him. Where does all the hype around this guy come from?

What hype? No one, much less the Super Bowl champs would be trying to trade a first round pick for the guy if he sucked. But of course people on this board swear they know more than NFL executives.

What hype? No one, much less the Super Bowl champs would be trying to trade a first round pick for the guy if he sucked. But of course people on this board swear they know more than NFL executives.

And yet you claim to know more then Loomis in the other thread?

Yeah that makes sense. Not to mention everyone loves Samuel on this board, and the Giants GM supposedly said hes just a system player. So is the Giants GM right or not?

And yet you claim to know more then Loomis in the other thread?

Yeah that makes sense. Not to mention everyone loves Samuel on this board, and the Giants GM supposedly said hes just a system player. So is the Giants GM right or not?

I never claimed I knew more than Loomis. I just listed facts. They speak for themselves. Saints draft players. Majority of them end up not on NFL rosters. When he does draft good players and it comes time to pay them, more likely than not they release them. No opinion anywhere in that.

Another fact is that if DHall was some scrub no talent bum that some say he is then the Super Bowl champs wouldn't be talking about trading their first round pick for him.

I never claimed I knew more than Loomis. I just listed facts. They speak for themselves. Saints draft players. Majority of them end up not on NFL rosters. When he does draft good players and it comes time to pay them, more likely than not they release them. No opinion anywhere in that.

You called him clueless. Thats a big opinion. Yet you are taking a trade that is just a rumor at this point, as gospel.

You called him clueless. Thats a big opinion. Yet you are taking a trade that is just a rumor at this point, as gospel.

Loomis being clueless is more of a theory, because I've backed it up with credible facts that support that statement.

Look at the draft histories yourself. Anyone reasonable would likely come to the same conclusion; that Loomis drafts poorly overall and he does a poor job of retaining players that do produce.

Please explain to me why D Hall isn't worth trading the 10th pick for. I'm not saying that we shoud but please explain this logic. Lets just say we did trade... In return we would get an young proven corner that is considered top teir and he can make an definite impact for years to come. Or with our 10th pick, we can draft a corner and hope things work out... The talent level really drops off this year after the top 7 in my opinion. Maybe the saints should consider makinga a run at D. Hall and getting a sure bet...
Maybe entertain some offers from teams drafting 20-25 to get a couple of extra draft picks and trade that first round pick for Hall?

Another fact is that if DHall was some scrub no talent bum that some say he is then the Super Bowl champs wouldn't be talking about trading their first round pick for him.

"Fact." You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

-Inigo Montoya

I just listed facts. They speak for themselves. Saints draft players. Majority of them end up not on NFL rosters. When he does draft good players and it comes time to pay them, more likely than not they release them. No opinion anywhere in that.

Those aren't facts. Those are subjective opinions based on assumptions. Well, "Saints draft players" is a fact, they do draft players. But nothing else is.

1) Majority of them end up not on NFL rosters

Really? What percentage? No idea huh? :( And what is that percentage as compared to the rest of the league? Not the faintest clue huh? :(

2) When he does draft good players and it comes time to pay them, more likely then not they release them

Really? A percentage there? No? Not there either? And I don't suppose you know how they compare to the league average there either right? Nope?

So, no, no facts. Well except for "the Saints draft players". You did nail that one. :9:

I feel as though no player at #10 would help us as much as Hall would... but why not call Al Davis and offer him our #1 for Nnamdi? I like Hall, but we can do better...
that isn't that far out as far as ideas go... we'd have to have permission to work out a long term deal first, but there's nobody in this draft who is as good a player

Hall is young. He's a two time pro bowler. You know what you're getting. For the Giants at #31, it's a great move.

Hall is young. He's a two time pro bowler. You know what you're getting. For the Giants at #31, it's a great move.

This hasn't actually happened yet. Keep that in mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom