Giants Reportedly Trading 1st Round Pick for DeAngelo Hall (1 Viewer)

waazup

Marques Colston's #1 Fan
Reaction score
The Giants are reportedly prepared to send the No. 31 overall pick in the draft to the Falcons in exchange for CB DeAngelo Hall.
The Giants were reportedly hoping to woo Nnamdi Asomugha or Marcus Trufant, but both were franchised. GM Jerry Reese views Asante Samuel as a product of the Patriots' system. The rebuilding Falcons could probably ask the Giants to add a later-round pick to the deal and get it. Despite the Super Bowl win, Reese smartly recognizes the Giants' CB situation as a need area.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2773

Man, is he really worth a 1st round pick (more like a 2nd)? I really wanted DeAngelo too...

Last edited:
The Giants are reportedly prepared to send the No. 31 overall pick in the draft to the Falcons in exchange for CB DeAngelo Hall.
The Giants were reportedly hoping to woo Nnamdi Asomugha or Marcus Trufant, but both were franchised. GM Jerry Reese views Asante Samuel as a product of the Patriots' system. The rebuilding Falcons could probably ask the Giants to add a later-round pick to the deal and get it. Despite the Super Bowl win, Reese smartly recognizes the Giants' CB situation as a need area.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2773

Man, is he really worth a 1st round pick (more like a 2nd)? I really wanted DeAngelo too...

No way. The last pick in the 1st round for a guy like him? That's a steal, especially since he was a top-10 pick himself. Draft picks are overrated.

Well we can't really compete with that. Although I think we really need TWO starting corners in free agency, meaning we'd need to sign Asante AND get another player, so it would be nice to be in the running for Hall...just not for a 1st.

Ha. Those idiots should know its a good pass rush that's needed and not a good secondary. They should pay more attention to the SB champions....

The 31st is basically a second.....I wouldn't have wanted to trade the #10 for him but I would have easily done our second....11 spots later. Its especially worth being as how now its Samuel, MAYBE Lito....and then....Hall. He's pretty much the #2 guy out there right now without all the money.

D-Hall is def. worth their pick in the draft. Not a #10 pick though. He is stupid fast and is very physical. Anyone would want him in their secondary, you would have to be nuts not to want him.

Ha. Oh well, not like Saints ever had a chance with him.

Where are those people that said that no one would trade for DHall?

Last edited:
It looks like the only elite cornerbacks available now are Lito Sheppard and Asante Samuel.

Seeing that Asante is overrated, does not fit our scheme, is an average man cover corner, and would cost $100M, we probably shouldn't be getting him.

If the Eagles are actually willing to trade Lito, we should definitely offer something reasonable for him.

The only way the Falcons will EVER draft in the Super Bowl winners slot.....

The 27th pick in the 07 draft netted us Robert Meachem. The 31st pick in the 08 draft for DeAngleo Hall is a steal. As I keep reiterating DeAngelo Hall is 24. He's younger than Aaron Ross who the Giants took in last years draft with the 20th pick. Hall has 4 years starting experience and is the physically most gifted corner in the league. If Reese pulls this off he'll jump to the number 1 GM in my eyes

Good trade for the Giants. Not bad for the Falcons. Win/win.

That would be a hook up. Hall for the 31st pick. Thats a good deal for all involved.

Please explain to me why D Hall isn't worth trading the 10th pick for. I'm not saying that we shoud but please explain this logic. Lets just say we did trade... In return we would get an young proven corner that is considered top teir and he can make an definite impact for years to come. Or with our 10th pick, we can draft a corner and hope things work out... The talent level really drops off this year after the top 7 in my opinion. Maybe the saints should consider makinga a run at D. Hall and getting a sure bet...

i've been advocating trading our #10 to them for their 2nd and hall for a while now, and that assigns a greater value than the giants #1 pick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom