Giants rush defense (1 Viewer)

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I went and checked the Giants run defense against their opponents to date to see if they have any clues to what to expect and, although it's not a super strong case, I think there is a tendency. When looking at the stats below, you'll notice the quick twitch guys are the RB's that give the Giants defense the most trouble. Considering this, I wonder what approach you guys think we should take.

Notice the quicker, more elusive back in every game had the better YPC average.

Week 1 vs. Redskins:
Portis - 16-62 - 3.9 ypc
Betts - 2-0 - 0 ypc

Week 2 vs. Dallas:
Barber - 18-124 - 6.9 ypc
F. Jones - 7-96 - 13.7 ypc

Week 3 vs. Bucs:
Williams - 2-8 - 4 ypc
Ward - 5-2 - 0.7 ypc

Week 4 vs. KC:
L.Johnson - 18-53 - 2.9 ypc
Charles - 2-24 - 12 ypc

Week 5 vs. Oak.:
M. Bush - 12-37 - 3.1 ypc
J. Fargas - 11-18 - 1.6 ypc

I think Mike Bell could have a monster game running the ball behind Evans. The Giants can be pushed around up front, especially on the edges.

I think Bush will be used alot in the passing game because I don't see any individual player for the giants being able to matchup with him out there. He will get some chances in the running game too, but I think Bell is the guy who will have a monster week on the ground.

even though the giants faced 4 really bad offensive teams out of 5 (4 of the teams are bottom 10 in the NFL) they still are 26th in the NFL in YPC allowed (4.8)

the numbers are skewed too since TB only ran 7 times due to being behind so early and same with oakland. The giants defense is not as good as the numbers suggest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom