Giants sign Kelvin Benjamin to play TE (1 Viewer)

Liked him coming out of FSU. Not sure if his subpar career has been where he has been or self motivation issues with him. Maybe this will work out for him.

Hes had a weight issue I believe. That makes me think his speed and short area quickness may have been his biggest problems. So having him switch to a receiving TE should have him being covered by slot corners, strong safeties, and linebackers. In a way it makes sense. But the reality is that even receiving TEs have to block DEs from time to time or they're just big slot receivers. And even big slot receivers need speed and short area quickness. So I thi k it comes down to whether or not he can learn to block in line.

Well Cam was his QB and I don't think any receiver ever flourished with him as a QB. It didn't work for him after that either, but NFL corners are generally more sound in their technique so you won't win with size alone. His experience as a receiver could make TE an interesting position for him. His route running should be better than alot of TE's. Blocking is about heart and technique so if this is about money getting low and not the love of football he won't make the 53.

Does he block? Seems to me, somebody without the drive to keep his weight down wouldn't be a me-second, all out blocker for others. Whatever, he's not a Panther anymore so I can't hate on him too much. Good luck to him.

Did Benjamin learn how to catch? Maybe he should just tryout for tackle

Let it go man. Kaep got done wrong but that ship sailed years ago. The folks who bring it up at this point are just seeking to stir the pot.
We would , but some of those former and current athletes didn't let it go when Tebow got signed.

So where is the selective outrage from Eric Dickerson? Devin Bush now??

Why not complain about Giants?

Benjamin hasn't played in years and playing a different position

Gee whiz , what is the difference between Tebow and Benjamin? Hmmmmm, that's a puzzler ???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom